Looking to start my 1st grow with LED need some info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike 810

Hey i'm new to this forum and think its awesome keep up the great work. Now my question is i'm trying to grow at least 2-3lbs every harvest using grow tents and platinum LED thanks to respected forum member curso. I need to know how big of a tent and how and many lights i would need is a 8x8 and 2 450's enough???? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance...

Hey i'm new to this forum and think its awesome keep up the great work. Now my question is i'm trying to grow at least 2-3lbs every harvest using grow tents and platinum LED thanks to respected forum member curso. I need to know how big of a tent and how and many lights i would need is a 8x8 and 2 450's enough???? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance...

:welcome: Mike810! I'm not sure how to grow at least any particular amount of weed unless a person would plant an insane amount? I do know some of the sponsors who sell seeds have amounts listed for their seeds but I think that's more for comparison than a guarantee of yield? Anyway, an 8 X 8 tent should be plenty and the lighting depends on factors such as height which determines footprint. I know I personally have way more lights than I started out with. I always advise everyone to start a grow journal. Since I did that, I have experienced growers offering help every time I need it! :) Good luck. :peace:

Curso had 2 x P450s in a 4x4 space, and is an advanced grower, so, to pull an additional 22 ozs over his harvest, with half the light per square foot is a pretty high bar to be setting for your first grow :)

Well I'm talking about 8×8 in your honest opinion how many lights would I need? My boy is getting 2-3 pounds off 7 plants every 3 months but he is also using 2 1000w hps lights.

I have an 8x8x8 room and only utilize 6 x 8 of the floor space leaving 2x8 for heater, dehumidifier, fans etc.

I was advised that 4 - p600's were needed for proper coverage with the platinums....way out of my $$ range right now.

I have been asking alot of questions from other growers using all the brands displayed on 420....so mind bending trying to understand the info and apply it to my space.

For me the real question is power usage and $$$ to use it...1200W of HPS or 2400W of LED??? has my mind spinning circles.

:nomo:

2,400 watt of LED will draw about 50% of that, so around 1,200 real watts, which would easily out perform 1,000 of HPS. look at the pics in my journal of a Herer under a P450 and another under a 600w HPS for 7 days..

Heady yea I'm ready to purchase everything i need but this is what has me hesitant. I know what I want to yield but if L.E.D are suppose to yield 1 gram per watt (if u know wyd) then I should be able to grow 2+ lbs with 1200 watts.

Mike 810...

I can tell you that while light is a huge factor on yield I think grow styles, feeding processes, environment, strain and experience is far more important for killer yields....I'll look for your grow once you get it set up if you do a journal.

theengineer...that is the plain type of answer I can wrap my head around :high-five:

2,400 watt of LED will draw about 50% of that, so around 1,200 real watts, which would easily out perform 1,000 of HPS. look at the pics in my journal of a Herer under a P450 and another under a 600w HPS for 7 days..

FWIW, I'm looking to cover half of your space (8x4) with 3 P900. Depending on price, even considering 3 P1200's. Saying that, lights isn't all you'll need to achieve result you desire. There's a lot more to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom