hermie

cbgb

hey folks, first time grower here. after starting w/ 8 sour diesel seeds ( we think) i was down to three that "made it" and lost #3 when a hooded light fell on it and it broke at the dirt line~ i must say that all help i got from you guys here at 420 as been so valuable and i thank you + all the research i have done...i learned a lot this season. so getting back to the topic. i have no doubt that plant 1 is a hermie, my best guess is stress -short veg state and a sort of forced flower..the 2nd is not showing sex yet and is a little behind plant 1. plant 1 has grown in every direction and plant 2 is straight as an arrow ..............i plan on moving plant 2 away from #1........ for my first time grow i did not have great expectations ...but i am happy that i got them this far and the next grow should be completed a lot easier from what i have learned. how do i know it is a hermie , well to put it simple it has balls but 75 % of these balls have white hairs coming out of that ball........... question, what can i expect from a hermie? = a low yield, low thc bud with seeds i can use for next time? thanks in advance ~ cbgb

Please post a good picture of the balls. If there are 2 hairs coming out of them they are female. With pics some will know for sure.

Pictures?

Calyxes will be kind of tear drop shaped, where pollen sacs are more rounded, on a short stem.

White hairs are pistils, which grow out of calyxes only, never from pollen sacs.

With a hermy, you can simply remove the pollen sacs... but please post pictures first. Closeups. I don't want you to remove the wrong things, and it sounds like there may be some confusion.

@mac
pic129.jpg
it 's a boy

@Antics. thanks , but it's a boy :-( i have removed it and will concentrate on the other one that has not sexed yet.....thanks for all your help mac, antics and 420 :-0
pic232.jpg
pic324.jpg
pic58.jpg
pic130.jpg
pic129.jpg

@ antics, thanks for all your help.........i have moved that "boy" far , far away from the other one. it has some signs of a hermie so i am going to keep it just for learning and identification in the future, again that boy is 3 floors away .......just recently i noticed that some of the leaf stalks off the main branch have turned a purple / red ?? here is a few more photo's for review of sex:
pice.jpg
picd1.jpg
picc.jpg
picb1.jpg
pica1.jpg

wtf/ I got these things looks like tiny bunch of grapes all over plant/ out of these is white hairs and other spots small compact buds and formed, is this a male or herime i am so confused, I dont know what strain it is i found these seeds last summer god only knows what they are

photos would be great autumns..........but i was fooled when the above plant started showing sex. thought she was a hermie. but some guidance from some good people here at :420: and in a short time the plant showed it's real sex =grapes (balls ) it sounds like a boy , sorry . post a photo asap , if it is a boy it could pollinate your whole crop and you dont want that....... :welcome: go to the toolbar on the top of the page and go to fqa drop down and click on how to grow then click on sex and blooming...........

hey antics, hope all is well, i wanted to run this by you before i post to the masses .....ok, the plant is small , it had a short veg cycle, northeast weather , starting to late , first grow,,.....on 10/01/2014 i placed red spectrum led's w/ my cfl whites and went to 12/12. i guess you can call it a force flower. the plant is healthy just short 14'' slow growth. at the top the main stalk has divided into 2. i dont expect a big yield but for my first grow i am happy that i got this far......after going through about 8 seeds , one did not germ, 1 was a boy , 1 the light fixture fell and trashed a 12'' plant , beginners mistakes, ph and so on...in this photo you will see my last plant that happily turned out to be a sexy lady.... antics what should i expect from this plant knowing it is a female and i believe the genetics listed below are correct ??? what is topping ? should i just leave it alone and let it take its course ? i think it is New York Diesel Type :mexican sativa x afghani..........it looks like the plant did a (y) at the top , when can i expect to harvest, i am in no hurry but would love to see a super top bud
green27.jpg
pic414.jpg

green110.jpg

thanks for any feedback..........the middle photo is about two weeks old , the others are from yesterday.....

It sounds like the LEDs might have caused the plant to top itself. I saw this happen once before, and I see something similar on my plant now.

Topping is basically cutting the main stem, above the last node to terminate upward stem growth. This directs the plants energy into growing the highest 2 nodes as the new tops. So basically instead of 1 main stem and 1 top, you have 1 main stem that splits into 2 with 2 tops.

I'm not familiar with the genetics, so I can't help much there... I'm still a new grower myself brother. I'm on my 3rd grow now.

Now as your plant is now, it doesn't have a lot of big outward growing branches, BUT don't get discouraged. I've seen guys grow plants just like this that end up as just one big cola.

What kind of lighting are you giving her? I see a few lights in the pictures.. Types? Wattage? And I know you mentioned an LED, what size/wattage?

Since you've switched to 12/12 I wouldn't do any cutting, but if you get any branches long enough, use LST to train them to grow outwards, and then up.

Back
Top Bottom