Does anyone know what this is?

kroniq time

Hi everyone how is all im having a little bit of a concern involving one of my ladies to be precise my Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush she is growing in soil containing slow release and blood and bone feeding soluble bloom booster once a week and the off week is tap water that i let sitting for a week. My ladies are under 2 x 400w mars ii led lights they have had a total of 8 wks vege and are now into their 3 wk flower
IMG_65824.JPG

pls any help will be appreciated as i am a bit worried this could affect her and cause her to not fill out and mature being my first indoor grow i have been exceptionally pleased that i had not sustained any problems until now Ha there goes my perfect first indoor grow without problems out the window now.
I do have a theory on the matter but just to be sure I'll wait for some feedback first before applying any methods so peace out and happy growing to all :420::peace::thanks:

More information is needed. This could be a deficiency, or PH lockout. Where is this problem appearing on the plant? Top? Bottom?

How to Ask for Grow Support

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

This may be your problem -
she is growing in soil containing slow release and blood and bone

Even when you only give her water without bloom booster, she is still getting dissolved slow release nutes, so she's getting fertilized all the time.

Calcium be my bet. Cal/mag and p/h adjust your water.

1. Check that soil ph, adjust if needed (ph of soil grows should be around 6.2-7).
2. Slow up on the nutes since you're using the time release soil.
3. Do you know the specs of your tap water? PPM, ph, stuff like that.
4. Fill out that chart Antics suggested and we will solve this thing man :)

Hi Antics heres the required info hope it assists in diagnosing problem thanks :)
The problem is around the 2nd and 3rd node leaves from the top of each branch.
What Strain is it? Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Kashmir x Afghan Kush Indica dominant
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 3 wks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 50/50 Potting mix and Organic Compost/Slow Release Fert Ratio 7.8/3.8/9.6/Blood and Bone
If Soil... What Size Pot? 10L Bucket
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 2 x Mars ii 400w
Is it Air Cooled? Oscillating Fan and side skirt is open 14-15hrs
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 72 f-85f
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.2
Any Pests? No Pests
How Often are you Watering? 600ml 3 and 4 day cycles/wed and sun specifically
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? All Purpose Soluble Fert Ratio 25.0/5.0/8.8 Recommended Dose 2.2 gm per Lt Actual given Dose
1 gm per 3Lt/ Bloom Booster Soluble Ratio 6.2/14.6/16.8 Rec Dose 1 gm per 1 Lt Actual given 2 gm per 3Lt
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x3x6 ft
hope this helps a bunch i really dont want to see my lady go sour on me
and Appreciate all comments and thoughts of Wisdom and Experience

Those seem like some strong nutes, makes me think over-fertilizing is happening. Temps are ok but could stand to be a few degrees lower. Do you know your humidity levels? You also say you water every 3 or 4 days. I don't have experience with soil but that seems like a little too much water IMO, do you use the lift-the-pot method or just water on a straight schedule of 3/4 days?

Straight schedule for watering dont know my humidity levels but i do believe i have feed her a bit strongly will counter with straight water next 4 feeds still it baffles me a little bit i have five plants in total different strains bar 2 running same schedule but only my VK seems to be stressing did notice she is also the only plant in a different pot to the others drainage might not be as efficient could this be a contributing factor aswell?

Yeah the drainage might be a factor, a great substance to add to soil making it more airy is perlite. My soilless medium is 30-40% perlite.

Thanks Stealthboat will definitely have to add next mix heres a couple of pics my sick lady
IMG_65875.JPG
IMG_65863.JPG
IMG_65854.JPG

And a Great Big Thanks to everyone for their posts and comments
and :420: :thanks:

well sounds like u have the answers already In this thread. time release are a B**** to control. straight water for a while. is this wk 3 from switching the lights or from sexing. cause I woldnt have thought they were that far along. I hope this gets better for you. would love to see a review for this strain. good luck

I have to agree with you there self inflicted i'd say i didnt weigh up my adds to the mix all done by eye and hand a slight error on my behalf when rushed to setup. My next mixes will be more carefully calculated and its been 21 days from switching lights to 12/12 schedule and yes I would love also to write a review on this strain kust hope i can fix her before she ends :peace:
IMG_65955.JPG

everyone counts it differently, theres no correct way really. usually around wk 3 from sexing or 4.5 from light switch is when I start to see deficiencies and that's in a hot soil in 15 gal pots. but all mixes are different so it may not be the same for you. those time release might carry you a while, unfortunately its gonna be a guessing game for a while. some people are against it but I use foliar sprays in early flower, and seaweed extract is great for stressed plants. I use about a tbsp per quart. my girls have been pretty forgiving to mistakes with the use of it. it also produces more bud sites when used appropriately. well best of luck

Back
Top Bottom