With auto flowering strains how long after seedling should I switch to 12/12 lighting

Bam2057

I am starting my first auto flower plants and am just wondering how long I should wait to switch the lighting from 24/7 to 12/12

Re: With auto flowering strains how long after seedling should I switch to 12/12 ligh

what do you think the 'auto' in auto flowering plants means? :)

Re: With auto flowering strains how long after seedling should I switch to 12/12 ligh

Ok thanks I thought because it auto flowers I had to skip straight to 12/12

what stage did you think they skipped? photo plants flip straight to 12/12, the flowing stage, there isn't anything between that and 18/6, the veg stage :peace:

Usually most growers seem to use 18/6 for Veg, and 12/12 for flower on photo period plants.

Obviously other growers like different light schedules, so you'll have some using GLR, some using 16/8. some on 20/4, some on 24/0 etc..

But for autos, any light schedule is fine, but I do suggest giving them a dark period even in Veg, this is the time I have read that the plant produces hormones, repairs, etc... So running 18/6 through your whole grow would work perfectly, and will save you money on electricity from running 24/0.

as above, you need dark time to grow roots and daylight to grow the plant

if you're concerned about electric costs, run them 12/12 - I ran most of mine this way with great results. I've got two on 18/6 at the minute simply to get them out of the ground quicker - 12/12 will ad a week or 10 days to the grow time of autos, but you get bigger buds :peace:

Back
Top Bottom