Need help

heanter

Hi eveyone, I need some help from you guys. It is my first time growing and ı did alot of mistakes.

I ordered female bubble gum and had free seed with it which is regular skunk.

I put them in a soil which was no good then babies started to grow but they grew so high then ı changed the soil and bought one which is called "Torf" here in Turkey. Actually that wasn't the case. It had been almost 4 weeks and they stopped growing or they were growing so slow that is why.Anyways, ı changed to soil without hurting the roots but ı guess ı over watered them. ı Would like to sharemy babies photos. ı watched so many videos but would love to hear you guy's comments. Please give me some advices. Thank you..
It has been 4weeks and they are this big.

Re: Need help..

Hi eveyone, I need some help from you guys. It is my first time growing and ı did alot of mistakes.

I ordered female bubble gum and had free seed with it which is regular skunk.

I put them in a soil which was no good then babies started to grow but they grew so high then ı changed the soil and bought one which is called "Torf" here in Turkey. Actually that wasn't the case. It had been almost 4 weeks and they stopped growing or they were growing so slow that is why.Anyways, ı changed to soil without hurting the roots but ı guess ı over watered them. ı Would like to sharemy babies photos. ı watched so many videos but would love to hear you guy's comments. Please give me some advices. Thank you..
It has been 4weeks and they are this big.

In some of the pics with the yellowing it looks like nitrogen deficiency to me, what light and food are you using?

I does look like over watering to me. You can start small doses of nutes like 1/8 - 1/4 of what's recommended on the package. The first thing I'd do is let it dry out. Also, think about adding 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. of H2O2 (3% hydrogen peroxide) to your water... that helps oxygenate the roots and helps in preventing root rot. Good Luck! :peace:

I does look like over watering to me. You can start small doses of nutes like 1/8 - 1/4 of what's recommended on the package. The first thing I'd do is let it dry out. Also, think about adding 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. of H2O2 (3% hydrogen peroxide) to your water... that helps oxygenate the roots and helps in preventing root rot. Good Luck! :peace:

Thank you I'll do what you recommended. Should ı do anythıng to make them dry or just let them dry by itself ?

Thank you I'll do what you recommended. Should ı do anythıng to make them dry or just let them dry by itself ?

yeh change to a stronger light mate otherwise they'll barely dry, there's barely anything coming off that light for them to grow, im using a 125 watt cfl light on 4 seedlings ages 8 days now

I can see and read two major things you're doing wrong. First, at this stage of the plants, don't use too many nutes. In fact, during the whole life of the plant, barely use any nutes at all. Go easy on the water too. Cannabis is after all a weed. And the lights you're using are no where near enough. If you're growing indoors you need at least 100 watts per plant.

yeh change to a stronger light mate otherwise they'll barely dry, there's barely anything coming off that light for them to grow, im using a 125 watt cfl light on 4 seedlings ages 8 days now

I put one which is 100w but regular bulb and felt the heat diffrance imadiately but temprature went up quickly. do you think that'll work on them ?

I can see and read two major things you're doing wrong. First, at this stage of the plants, don't use too many nutes. In fact, during the whole life of the plant, barely use any nutes at all. Go easy on thj water too. Cannabis is after all a weed. And the lights you're using are no where near enough. If you're growing indoors you need at least 100 watts per plant.

Thank you so much for the advice ı changed the lights with 100w.

heanter, they'll dry on their own. I was concerned about over watering my own plants and it took about a week for them to dry out. There are a few different methods to determine when to water.... I recommend getting to know exactly how heavy that plant feels when you lift it when it's dry. That way just by lifting it up you can decide whether it's time to water or not. Also, if you put your finger into the soil an inch or two, it should feel dry when it's time to water. I do both with my own girls! You're gonna do great. I also recommend starting a grow journal with a link in your signature... it's a great way for the experienced growers to find your grow and offer assistance. Good Luck! :peace:

Yea more light = bigger plants, just a rule of thumb kinda. They also stretched quite a bit from the tiny light, you can get the light within a few inches of the plant if heat permits it, but don't have it further than 6 inches (15cm) for sure. I would start keeping check on the ph, it will be important for the whole grow. Using soil, you should aim for a ph of 6.5-7.0. Yes your plants need water to drain out the holes, if water doesn't drain out then the roots might rot or get nute lockout. The ideal temp for seedlings is 26-27C with 60% humidity. If you can add in 20%-30% perlite to your soil it will improve the drainage a lot and make it dry faster. Be aware that using soil is more prone to pests/insects, so take measures now to prevent them from interrupting your grow. Ok I think that's it for now

Cannabis is after all a weed

do you know that a weed is simply a plant growing somewhere it isn't wanted, and there isn't actually a definition for a plant or a weed? a rose bush is a weed if it's growing in the middle of your kush garden, but your kush is not a weed as it's meant to be there :peace:

Thank you so much friends. Learned many things. Thank you for the "15CM" Stealthboat :)

You've gotten a lot of good advice - but I would add one thing. It's a big one. Some homework.

Read more. Study. Learn. You are in first grade right now - and that's ok, we all were at one time. You don't even know what you don't know. I am NOT calling you stupid - in fact just the opposite. You are asking the right questions.

At this point, I would recommend that you read EVERYTHING you can about these plants. Find a good tutorial (there's a few right here) and read them more than once. Keep in mind that you will be getting some conflicting information - because despite what anyone tells you, NOBODY has all the answers. Nobody. And there is more than one way to achieve the same results. And - you will fail. I have had some spectacular failures. Truly epic flops. LoL. But - I learned from every failure - and I never failed the same way again.

Keep digging, reading, researching -- and yes, asking. I am an old fart, and I learn something new every day. My definition of Hell would be a place where there was nothing to learn, nothing to do.

One more thing - - for your first two or three grows, pick a good hearty easy strain to grow. You need to gain some confidence, enjoy the fruits of your labor. You didn't pick an easy one. You are like trying to learn how to drive a car - in a Formulae One Ferrari. You need to start with a small Toyota. Know what I mean?

~Auggie~

PS: Welcome aboard newbie :>)

Back
Top Bottom