Which grow style to use?

MacEFL

I have 3 grows under my belt and currently have 5 plants from seed in veg, all good genetics. I have more seeds as well, I am done with other peoples clones. Never again.

I have a 4x8 tent and just added a 4x4 as well. As a WA med patient we can have 15 plants. In the past I have vegged for ~2 1/2 months or so. Now I want to harvest a plant every couple of weeks. I don't plan on keeping mothers at this point. I'll take clones, wait a week then flip. I was getting 2 1/2 - 5 ozs per plant but could only finish 5 nice plants with 2 600 watt HPS. Always had one or two problem child's. But smoking the same weed for the next 5 months got boring so we would buy more for a change. So:

Am I better of, yield wise, to veg for longer and put ~3' tall plants into flower or putting 2 or 3 18" plants into flower ever week or 2? I could get quite a few in the larger tent and when I start harvesting the new plants should be ready to flip. I tried a scrog last grow and it's not for me. I am more of a top it a couple of times, maybe a little tying and let her do her thing kind of grower. I grow in soil in home made fabric pots. I use Earth Juice ferts with added high N guano for the high N needing plants and high P guano for all in flower. Cal mag as needed. High brix molasses when I think about it.

So what say you? Taller bushes or shorter 6 to 8 cola plants?

Pic of my second grow:

014587.JPG

I would look at a perpetual grow style which requires 2 grow areas a veg tent and flowering tent.

So while one crop is flowering the other crop is vegging, when 1st crop is finished flowering place veg crop into flowering tent rinse 'n' repeat process.

With your med ticket of 15 plants i suspect you could get a perpetual rota of 5 plants every month once system is established it is a lot off work mind you, or you could opt for every 2 months of 6 or 7 plants and a little easyer to manage :Namaste:

It is practical to use strains of same flowering time like 7 to 9 weeks for example & give a base veg time of same period - 5 to 6 harvest per annum/year.

Using strains of longer flowering time increase's veg duration, size of plant once stretch factor is included in the first few weeks of flowering etc may lead to some minor annoying head aches & less harvest per year as another example...

Back
Top Bottom