transplanting question

yoeel

hey my plants are 75 days old and i want to put them from pots into the ground im wondering would this be to stressful and what would be the best way of doing this. any extra advice would be much appreciated.

also could you tell me what you think of my plants. good bad. healthy or not

thanks

20141121_164338.jpg
20141121_164515.jpg
20141121_164412.jpg

Looks ok but could do with a little feed to perk it up.

Well plants in pots get get thrown into a hole in the dirt all the time with out problems, in less ya don't water em !

Once you transplant, water in well & more likely want to water them well every few days as it looks like ya in dry part of the world for the next few weeks in till plant is established.

You may wish to think about preparing the dirt where ya gonna stick the plant in with well rotted compost/manures etc as these organic materials can help retain moisture in the ground & provide low value N,P,K nutrients also...

Another top fuzzy tip is to apply mulch around the plants this also helps retain moisture in the ground longer :Namaste:

N deficient?

I like Duck's idea of keeping them in the pot as there may be unwanted pathogens in the ground you don't know about that would otherwise infiltrate your plant medium, but by using the pot, water will only flow through the media and out the bottom.

If you tried taking the plant out more than likely you will give it transplant shock, but if its rootbound then it needs to be done regardless. Are they in flower yet or just entering it? Looks like they need a little more N at the moment. Do you have something to protect the plant from bugs and animals?

Those plants need to be transplanted one way or another. Either get them in the ground or into a bigger pot. I already see that the plants are suffering from being root bound. That's probably why your leaves are turning yellow.
I like to wet the dirt a little bit before transplanting to keep the dirt from collapsing when you take it out of the planter.....but if you use too much water it will be even more difficult to remove from the planter.

If you tried taking the plant out more than likely you will give it transplant shock, but if its rootbound then it needs to be done regardless. Are they in flower yet or just entering it? Looks like they need a little more N at the moment. Do you have something to protect the plant from bugs and animals?

im not sure if they are flowering yet i know to look for white hairs and little green balls or something but theres nothing like that on them currently. i have nothing to protect them against animals and such is there anything you could recommend? BTW at each of the nodes there are multiple hair like bits sticking out but they are greenish im not sure if thats it flowering idk.

N deficient?

I like Duck's idea of keeping them in the pot as there may be unwanted pathogens in the ground you don't know about that would otherwise infiltrate your plant medium, but by using the pot, water will only flow through the media and out the bottom.

whats n deficient?

If you can acquire, take human hair clippings (not your own) and sprinkle in/near your outdoor site. this will help with some (not all) critters.

For animals you can get some cheap wire fence probably, enclose the plant in it to make sure nothing will reach in and nibble on it. For bugs, I use Neem oil. You get some 100% Neem oil (don't use the premade sprays or anything), some dish soap and warm water, mix it up like this: 1/2L warm water and it must be warm, 1/3 tsp dish soap (so the Neem oil sticks) and 1/2 tsp Neem oil. Mix it up well and spray your plants with this every few weeks during veg or the first week of flower. Do it just before dusk/dawn so the droplets don't cause light burn to the plant. The hairs you are talking about are probably preflowers, 2 white hairs poking out of a teardrop sac = female.

If you can acquire, take human hair clippings (not your own) and sprinkle in/near your outdoor site. this will help with some (not all) critters.
that sounds very interesting why not my own hair? and could you tell me how this works? thanks

For animals you can get some cheap wire fence probably, enclose the plant in it to make sure nothing will reach in and nibble on it. For bugs, I use Neem oil. You get some 100% Neem oil (don't use the premade sprays or anything), some dish soap and warm water, mix it up like this: 1/2L warm water and it must be warm, 1/3 tsp dish soap (so the Neem oil sticks) and 1/2 tsp Neem oil. Mix it up well and spray your plants with this every few weeks during veg or the first week of flower. Do it just before dusk/dawn so the droplets don't cause light burn to the plant. The hairs you are talking about are probably preflowers, 2 white hairs poking out of a teardrop sac = female.

this helps a lot thank you for your reply

that sounds very interesting why not my own hair? and could you tell me how this works? thanks

Humans have a scent that many/most wild critters and animals try to avoid. If however, the local friendly game warden or other agent happens upon the location and finds DNA scattered about, it might be more beneficial to your freedom if your own DNA is not in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom