She is rootbound

fghtsmallcell

I had the stupid idea of leaving a girl in a smaller pot for way too long. Now she is in her 2nd week of flower. I believe she is severely rootbound and is started to loose a whole lot of leaves. Should I go ahead and repot her at this point or just continue on?? Any input greatly appreciated.

Can you get a peek at the roots any way? Brown roots = root rot, so your plant may be dying already as we speak. I would suggest the transplant if you can do it without shocking the plant much, keeping it in the same pot is just a risk.

Thank you. I did transplant her and the roots are white. She came out of pot very easy and it is solid roots. So now she has a little more room. I am going to try and feed her more often to see if she can uptake more nutrients. She is not showing any deficiencies yet but she lost about 40% of her leaves over a couple of weeks. With a ton of leaves all in one night. I have been water her daily and feeding her 3 times a week. I am growing in coco and she looks healthy otherwise.

Root bound tends to have leafs curling down as well. When they get root bound you could of had salt trapped in there so I would say you did the right thing..

I am growing in coco. I was feeding 3 times a week because it needed water ever day and then seemed that it was not uptaking the nutrients because healthy leaves of all sizes were falling off at an alarming rate. The leaves that were falling off were of all different sizes and most were in perfect condition. I was also finding a handful of leaves every night that had wilted. When I first noticed it, I gave it a really good flushing. I always have 30- 40% run off so I don't flush too often. It did seem to help a little at first then a few nights ago I gently shook the plant and approx 75 leaves fell. I was glad that I had not defoliated the plant so she still has plenty of leaves. I had been racking my brain as to what was causing the leaves to fall. The plant is 5 months old now and she is really big. This strain, whatever it is, stretches very easy. She wants to be a very tall lady. Anyway she was only in a 3 gallon pot, then it dawned on me that she has to be rootbound. I google it for info. And with the advice I got here, I repoted her in a 5 gallon pot. Also now that she has a 5 gallon pot I will check the weight of the pot before I continue to water every day like I was doing. Thanks for the advice to you both.
Peace

Root bound tends to have leafs curling down as well. When they get root bound you could of had salt trapped in there so I would say you did the right thing..

I have not noticed any down curl of the leaves. But I will closer tomorrow. I have noticed new growth that is on the puny side.

Back
Top Bottom