Could my nodes be too tight?

kwaggs

at her 6th node she is 1-3/4" tall , too tight to fit fiskars in to top.
just under two weeks from pop
450 true watts of lovley full spectrum L.E.D. goodness at 13" above canopy
Kelp 4 Less Grow Pack at 1/2 tsp per gallon
she is also listening to Ian Anderson for 12 of her 24 hour light regiment :peace:

ak-1.jpg

you telling me that of all the people that have viewed, none can answer me?
this is why I have sat on the side not geting involved, why would you look at an Q and A area, what, no one has this problem? maybe I am in the wrong area?

you telling me that of all the people that have viewed, none can answer me?
this is why I have sat on the side not geting involved, why would you look at an Q and A area, what, no one has this problem? maybe I am in the wrong area?

maybe if you posted a decent picture of an actual problem, more folk would have something to add? :peace:

Bit hard to tell from a top view pic on nodes etc perhaps a side pic will show better !

How ever the plant looks just fine :thumb:

But suspect you have counted every node point to come up with that figure when it is more likely just 3 node points...

When you look at the main apical stem a node point either side of the stem is classed as as a single node point it is just general terminology used :love:

I ask myself the same question about the nodes. I'm growing 3 strains , Bubblegummer , SuperHaze and Kalashnikova ( all phem seeds ) . The 3 largest ones popped out between July 5 & 7. I'm using a Mars II 1200 LED light running 6/18. The light distance from the plants is roughly 3 feet . They are basically growing like a pile of leaves . This is my first grow since the 1980's. So far my only problem has been with Fertilizer burn. I started flushing the moment I noticed it. I'm using General Hydroponics FLORA series ( came with my Hydrofarm kits ) . The Kolashnikova is the smallest with some light yellowing between the veins.I think the nutes are the reason but not 100% on that ( opinions welcome ). Pictures to follow shortly.

P1100649.jpg

Holy shit Donnie, that's incredible growth! I'm a new waterfarmer here and my seed popped 7/9 and my growth is just a little larger than those babies in your pic! I'm following the scottyballs journal on another forum and using Floranova bloom and I'm on day 18 at 450PPM. Looks like you're doing fine. Yea, I have about 4-sets of nodes and not much height. I'm on a 96X3 Mars reflector 24" above the plant. You're at 36" and I can barely see the waterfarms pot! Are you going to scrog? Are you following the GH schedule for nutes?

I'm doing the 10-10-5 mix right now with the larger 3. The 2 seedlings are getting a flush at the moment because they burned a little. Not sure about the scrog thing yet. I'm just blown away by the density and size of the leaves. On Bubblegummer I'm counting ten fingers. The stem is almost as thick as the drain tube on a Hydrofarm. Keep in mind this plant is only 3.5 weeks old. Overall I'm very pleased so far with the results. Considering the density , I don't think lowering the light is needed ( roughly 3 feet ).

P1100657.jpg

P1100664.jpg

P1100649.jpg

Donnie, I've been reading a lot of grow journals and hands down your progress exceeds the most experience growers like pit viper, and some of the other guys with high post counts and grow journals. I have the same nutes but not using them because I was told the Foranova bloom is better. Sounds like your are following the directions on their recirculating feed schedule correct? I bet if you start a grow journal your going to get a lot of WTF comments about your progress, good job!. How is your water quality out of the tap? I'm constantly fighting high PH issues. When are you kicking over to 12/12? Bet you'll see some stretch then.

Well it's great to hear the results are this good ( so far ) with my first grow in 30+ years. The technology has certainly improved since then. One thing I am doing which may have helped is with the Waterfarm units themselves. I did a slight modification with the media chambers. I drilled extra holes in them and then dropped in an airstone. This Mod turns them into a hybrid drip / DWC system with excellent aeration. On my next grow I will be adding a controller/Reservoir Module. Watering/feeding & monitoring will be much easier this way ( especially if I do the SCROG thing. ) I use RO water that is about 5.5 out of the tap. Earlier on I adjusted PH up because I was afraid of burning the roots. I slowly lowered it by adding lower PH solution daily. Right now they are hovering around 6.0.

Forgot to mention the plants height when these were photographed on July 28th. They are 9" , 8" and 6". They will be 4 weeks on Friday. New Pics to follow .

Seeds dude, check his original post. The freakin' guy's a titan. I hatched when he did, using the same system, an my growth is pitiful compared to his.

Then I guess my question is where he is getting his seeds from or does he breed them his self. I'm not saying you are incorrect but for 3 weeks. I grow DWC using GH nutes mostly the lucas way. But no matter what seed bank or bag seeds I grow i'm just saying this has been years in the works so if it's the seeds please where can I get some.
20150527_073040.jpg

Then I guess my question is where he is getting his seeds from or does he breed them his self. I'm not saying you are incorrect but for 3 weeks. I grow DWC using GH nutes mostly the lucas way. But no matter what seed bank or bag seeds I grow i'm just saying this has been years in the works so if it's the seeds please where can I get some.
20150527_073040.jpg

Yea, that is a good question, where did you get the seeds Donnie? I got mine from Herbies, germinated in a paper towel in a sandwich bag. 24-hrs later I had a 3/8 tap root which I thought was fantastic. However, I did wait to see 2-sets of leaves before beginning nutes. Donnie did you follow the GH directions in the pamphlet and begin nutes right from the beginning? Sounds like your following their schedule now. How's your tap water? I just can't get over the growth especially considering the light is 36" above the foliage. Recommended distance for the Mars lights in veg is 24" - 30". Based on the pics looks like you are seeing an appreciable amount of growth daily, correct?

Back
Top Bottom