Best growing technique for maximum leaf production?

SAMtheAPman

I'm doing a small indoor grow in a tent that is approx 3ft x 2ft x 4ft high (with 300W LED). It will just be used for growing leaves/veg to juice. There are going to be 3-4 plants and I really need to maximize the leaf production so I can juice a few times each week. The idea is to keep the plants in perpetual veg.

So, what would be the best growing technique? Flux? Tipping?

I was just going to tip and tip and tip, but then I discovered fluxing and thought that maybe starting with a flux and then tipping over and over to harvest might work better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

topping is used to produce additional bud sites, so I don't think it's going to be much use to you if you're after leaves

just let them grow, would be my advice :peace:

Thanks theengineer. But I don't think I have the height to just let them grow straight up.... And I thought that more branches would mean more leaves. The thing is I'm probably going to have to keep on topping them when I harvest the leaves anyway.

Don't know if I really have the room for a proper flux either so was thinking of a small flux to get more branches going up.

Thanks people :thanks:

I think that I'm going to run them over at 90 degrees to the edges of the pot, like a flux, and then tip all the branches as they grow up towards the light. Will post updates in my journal to show how it's going.

If I can get away without a scrog net then I will, otherwise if the branches look like they need more "spacing" I might put one in.

Leafs grow from the node point of branches & once plucked off, do not regrow back !

So that would suggest training via lst & topping to form more branches/nodes to produce leaf for juicing !

How ever it would require careful management to produce leaf on a rotational basis for juicing & one hell of a bush off a plant once topping has been applied a few times :green_heart:

you don't want to top all branches, just the main ones :peace:

Good to know for the future as I think I went a bit crazy with the tipping on one of my outdoor plants (top left in pic has been tipped many times):

Thanks for the input FuzzyDuck. I think the main material that I'll end up using for juicing will the the tops of branches, and bottom fan leaves when the branches get too long. Am planing on using the tips/leaves off 1 or 2 plants just once a week, to give the plants time to recover. So with 4 plants, there will be 2-3 harvests a week (depending on how much I can get off each plant each harvest).

Will be an interesting experiment.

Thanks OneHitter. The corn provides excellent stealth. I have had several visitors comment on how great my corn/garden looks, but they haven't seen my other plants. They were just looking from several meters away. If they had have gone over and looked closer they would have seen everything else!

The only problem is that I have to keep trimming the corn back as it is blocking the sun slightly. Will have to figure out what I'm going to plant for the finishing months, as the corn will finish soon (and even if I just left it, the autumn/winter sun would be fully blocked by the corn).

To tell you the truth I haven't ever juiced cannabis either. From the one or to videos I've seen, I don't think it tastes great; quite bitter.

I don't actually think that my little tent is going to produce enough leaf to juice as much as I'm wanting... might have to clear out one of my grow beds outside and plant a whole heap close together. I also read that the CBD content of the leaves is relatively low, and that eating raw flowers might be better.

Oh well, will test it all out and see.

I must be going crazy. I've never heard of juicing weed. What are the benefits of this?

Extra high doses of cannabinoids as you're not going to get high (no decarboxylation) and have to sleep. I've only seen a bit of info around but I think they juice a whole plant at a time (sometimes). Just thought it would be a good thing to try. 10 years of exhaustion and pain have left us wanting to try anything that may help.

I'm not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic.... (this site doesn't seem to have the font "Sarcastica" installed :laugh:)

My GF is more after pain relief than being stoned all day. She's in constant pain, so will need to be medicated 24/7. We'll be "tacking" oil as well, as that doesn't get you high either.

I know.... seems like a waste of perfectly good THC (ven though the strains I'm growing for juicing are relatively low in THC) but there's plenty more to be grown for those purposes....

I'm not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic.... (this site doesn't seem to have the font "Sarcastica" installed :laugh:)

My GF is more after pain relief than being stoned all day. She's in constant pain, so will need to be medicated 24/7. We'll be "tacking" oil as well, as that doesn't get you high either.

I know.... seems like a waste of perfectly good THC (ven though the strains I'm growing for juicing are relatively low in THC) but there's plenty more to be grown for those purposes....

I like that your trying a different approach and use of the plant. It's good to see people trying to get more uses on the medicinal side of it. I would like to know how this method works out for you. It's not a waist of thc if your getting what your after in the end:)

Back
Top Bottom