How do I evaluate ppm of water runoff please?

Joyle

How do I evaluate ppm output please?
G'day from Oz! I have been lurking here for a while now and have just figured out how to start a thread! I would be grateful for some help I have 1 white widow and 1 cotton candy in coconut coir in big pots. In our summer I have taken them out of the jungle room and left them outside permanently. I put them into bloom 2 weeks ago. I feed them between 1100 and 1200 ppm every second day alternating with plain water .... ph around 6. The white widow has some yellowing leaves ... Including some in the centre of the plant down low. The cotton candy looks really healthy. In an attempt to find out what was going on I overwatered and collected the runoff liquid in a container. The cotton candy registered 300 ppm and the white widow was 1150 ppm. In an act of desperation/stupidity? I applied 5ml seaweed liquid fertilizer in 1/2 gallon water to both plants. Now 18 hours later the cotton candy output measures 660ppm and the white widow is 680ppm.

Question 1: If the sick looking W.W. ppm output went from 1200 to 680 does this mean she is now feeding?

Question 2: If this is correct and the 1200 ppm output meant she wasn't taking in the nutrients I was giving her then why not? Did the flush through somehow kick start the feeding process? Hhheeeeelllppp!!

Hello down under...I see no one has answered your questions so I thought I would help....I don't grow in coco so I can't answer your questions with 100% accuracy by not knowing coco, but this really knowledgeable dude right here is a guru in coco..his name is LEDRF, he will answer your questions and he has a lot of excellent video's in his thread.:peace:

How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Oh my goodness! I knew I didn't know much but that is just ridiculous how MUCH I got wrong .... I don't know how I accidentally managed to grow some at all :) thank you so much buddrogreen for directing me to LEDRF. I am so going to change so much!

Back
Top Bottom