Need your opinion

Rubby813

Hi guys,
First grow. Finally got some buds going, Awsome experience thus far.
This is an unknown strain ( bag seed) planted in roots organic soil using Botanicare nutes. She has been under a 600 w hps since 12/21, started to show budding on 12/26 ( merry Christmas!!!).
My question is what do you think about time to finish??
Any opinions or comments welcome
Thanks
image17381.jpg
image17382.jpg

The only true way to know is to get a jewelers loupe or scope and check trichome color. I picked up a 60x-100x pocket microscope from amazon for about $12. Most people will harvest when about 30% of the trichomes turn from cloudy to amber

When you check the trich's color of clear, cloudy, or amber, it's up to you what medicated feeling you want when harvesting. Some people harvest (clear) for a cerebral head medication, some people harvest when the trich's become (cloudy/milky) for a head/body medication, and some people harvest when the trich's become (amber) which is a couch lock medication.

Just remember as the trich's turn amber they are starting to degrade & losing potency, I like to harvest cloudy with a sprinkle of amber (10%-15% amber trich's) :peace:

Like Rillos said, unknown can be 6 to 18 weeks and like others said indicated by trichromes, but I guess time wise you'd like to have at least an idea. We can try to narrow it down and do a guesstimate:
The following is MY opinion of the probability and not fact or assumption.

Looks like a hybrid and not a pure sativa so good chance 12 weeks and under.
You are 20 days into flowering and to me anyway, those indica'ish looking buds look like the faster finishers do, 10 weeks.
Came from bag weed, commercial and outdoor grows often use faster finishing strains at around 8 weeks.
Although they are out there and commercial grows like them 6 week strains are rarer so minimum 8 weeks.
Many many strains are in the 8-10 week flowering period.

So if I had to GUESS it would be 8-10 weeks total flower time, in 4 weeks you'll have a really good idea.

Thanks for your opinions, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Great insight.

I'm in the home stretch and want to finish correctly, at week 7 (assuming this is an 8 week finisher) What would I expect to see as far as Trichs. and pistils?

I have a 30x loupe and will keep an eye on them.
I will post photos as they progress.

Thanks for the opinions and knowledge.
Great grows to you all.

Ok, so here we are a week later
My observations are as follows.
There are a few red hairs ( not many, maybe 5%), gro homes are starting to go cloudy, found 1 or2 Amber,
Building some mass. Not as much as I would have hoped.
Started to flush today. only water since last post.

Doesn't it seem a bit soon. She started showing budding @ christmas. So if I go by buds starting as my " flowering" date we should be no more than say 4 weeks in give or take. Maybe this is an earlier finisher?
Now I say Christmas was when I first noted budding, this being my first time maybe I'm off a bit (1 week) tops or am I counting from the wrong start point?
Anyway I tried to show the tricks and overall state of affairs.
What do you think?
I value your input any comments are greatly appreciated.
Do I continue water only til I start to get to 20% Amber ( I think that is what I want).
image17782.jpg
image17782.jpg

Yes it is a lot soon, she's barely 5 weeks into flowering she still has at a minimum 3-4 weeks to go, but you know this, why are you flushing now? A few brown pistils means nothing and she barely even has any trichromes yet to look at, the buds haven't even started to fill in yet. She still has a lot of mass and trichromes to put on so try to be patient. Since this is your first time and you don't know what to look for or expect, why not post a picture or two a week and we'll guide you as to when she's ready.

Hi Alienpus,
Thanks for the reply, your response seems spot on. I did a flush due to Ph of runoff.
I will be resumeing nute schedule at next watering for the next few weeks.
Being a beginner I greatly appreciate your advice and comments.
I will post progress pics and look forward to the next few weeks. This has been a great experience thus far and it is fantastic to be able to come here and seek (and receive) ALL of your help.
Be well friend.

Here is a pic of a different plant, same strain and age, same light schedule. Different pruning tech.
What a difference plant is very dark green as compared to others. Seems to. Be a little slower though but much better mass.

Duty panty nice job bro. Looking good

image17954.jpg

Looks like an overabundance of Nitrogen, so reduce that for a while. Might be slightly overwatered too but can't really tell.
The other pictures of the green plant look great :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom