Do you see any male parts?

KSum

Hi, I'm a week into the 12/12 cycle and starting to look a little closer for males. Since I'm legally blind I have to use a headband magnifier and a 10x loupe to see whether or not I need to take a picture to get a closer look.

Anyway, does anyone see any boy parts in these 2 pictures?

DSC7413.JPG

DSC7406.JPG

Thanks.

Thanks.

Everything is so tiny it's hard for me to tell. So these look female to you, or is it to soon to tell?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for something a little different then what's pictured.
I'll work on getting pictures under a white light as well. It's hard to see proper colors under the orange glow of an HPS light.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for something a little different then what's pictured.
I'll work on getting pictures under a white light as well. It's hard to see proper colors under the orange glow of an HPS light.

Look for a "white balance" adjustment in your camera's settings menu. It will most likely be set to "auto". Try the "florescent" setting and be sure to use your flash. It will give you a better pic, but nothing like natural light.

White balance changes really didn't change much. Flash just washed everything out. I'll get a regular CFL set up soon and take pictures under that later.

Here's one I spotted this morning. It's likely still to soon but those look like what a male is described as.

DSC7420.JPG

White balance changes really didn't change much. Flash just washed everything out. I'll get a regular CFL set up soon and take pictures under that later.

Here's one I spotted this morning. It's likely still to soon but those look like what a male is described as.

DSC7420.JPG

Yeah there is something forming there, keep a very close eye on it and within a few days you should be able to tell its sex

That's ok. I've got over my limit of mature plants so I was hoping for 1 or 2.
Thanks, now I know what to look for in the others.

Is it possible at this stage that one or more of the pollen pods have opened? They've been in the bud room for 14 days as of today.

If I hang it to dry in the vicinity of the bud room can they still open and pollinate the girls?

I started looking up what to do with it. Some people dry it and make hash oil, some make tea. I decided not to risk it and chopped it up. I'm putting it in a paper bag to dry and I'll throw it into the compost pile later.

For fun I pulled out my crappy little USB microscope and got a picture of the male pods. I was trying to see if any opened, but it's difficult to tell. Hopefully 14 days wasn't enough time for it to pop.

Male_Pod.jpg

No particular reason. I may save up the chopped up males for later and burn them in the patio fire pit.

You can make canabutter with males, if you want to.
Not much THC but plenty of other good CBDs.

Back
Top Bottom