What are the best bulbs to use for growing?

FairyFHaroman

We are currently using 2 Luminus bulbs 23w that = 100w 1600 lumens and the distance of the light is measured about 6 inches above the larger&taller plant, and about 8 inches above the smaller&shorter plant. Is this efficient enough?
IMG_20150205_162906974_HDR.jpg

Also we were thinking about using our light kit instead? Too much power, Heat??
IMG_20150205_162940661_HDR.jpg

Thoughts...:Namaste:
Thank you
FFF:love:xoxo

Turn those CFL's on their side. Most of the lumens are emitted from the sides of the bulbs not the ends.

On the sides? How's this set up then?
IMG_20150216_230952824_HDR.jpg

Its a bit closer to the plants.. However with a set up like this how could then the lights be so the plant gets better lumens then? Thanks!

On the sides? How's this set up then?
IMG_20150216_230952824_HDR.jpg

Its a bit closer to the plants.. However with a set up like this how could then the lights be so the plant gets better lumens then? Thanks!

You realize we can't see the bulb from this pic???

You realize we can't see the bulb from this pic???

IMG_20150216_231110227_HDR.jpg

That's how close I can get.. Just imagine my set up and in the inner middle area is where they are.. Just leave them and add more? How to assemble them..

Your bulbs are too far away and if that floodlamp has a halogen bulb, don't use it :goodluck:

:Namaste:

Thanks for the tip, I thought so too, that light no good.
Thanks RICHARD!

Xoxo

Turn those CFL's on their side. Most of the lumens are emitted from the sides of the bulbs not the ends.

Thanks for the tip UltraDan... However still waiting for your reply :)
Xoxo

Glad to see your back.

Hey, right back at cha! Good to see my fellow freaks and geeks tune in! I tend to get online and update few times a month, time well spent during my doobie break.
Your Journal is awesome xoxo

Glad to see your back.

Question I actually have at the moment???... How hot should it be for my plants, due to the winter its pretty Cold
but I do have a heater in the room. Soon I'll get a temperature thingy. Thanks!!

Thanks should have a high brix journal soon

You should start your own :thumb:

Thanks man, what's that again? Ill def look into it. You can tell I'm a real newbie ey lol

I like 75-80f for bloom and 80f to 85f for veg
Thanks dutty panty I'll adjust accordingly!!
Just in my other journal, a close up at my plant today, can you tell the strain because I honestly don't know. Should it be more crystally at this point? Lol thanks love! Xoxo

Back
Top Bottom