Cold winter air intake problem

Ettish

My first problem is having to intake 32°F/0°C winter air and the difficulties with managing the temperature inside my tent, sitting in a concrete basement.

Second I wanted to incorporate my lights into the carbon ventilation/filtration, so the only way out was through filtration with some smell good at the end of the tunnel.

I am hoping that cycling air through the lamp into the tent, mixing the cold air intake with the warm air off the bulb, will help in using the small thermostat controlled radiator to fine tune the temperatures.

Forgive the ms_paint artwork, but I believe it shows my concept. Please don't get hung up on the placement and scale accuracy, I just wanted an illustration for my concept setup to discuss whether it's viable option to maintain a stable temperature in my tent while having to intake cold winter air.

Greenroom.png

Yeah, you can't pull cold air directly in, ask me. Not that cold, or not that cold without heating it first. And you know, too. :) I also tried that early on, now I pull fresh air into my room, warm it, and then it/air is pulled in my tent via negative pressure.

I used to keep my heater in my tent, but that didn't work I'd get big spikes. Now, my heater sits next to the air intake. Cold ass air comes in, it's radiant heated or the space is, and it flows into the tent... life is good. You may want to move the heater, but maybe not since you're in a basement

I think your new plan here, illustrated very well, looks good on paper, or a screen. ;)

Thank you. Something has to be done with that cold air intake, and warming it even a little would be better than nothing, and also keep your light cool. I doubt the warm air off the bulb will have *that* much affect on it, but every little bit help. I have all equipment illustrated above so nothing new would need to be purchased, so now it's a matter of "why not do it like this?".

Best to vet plans here, lots of pros here.

Know what they say about those seven P's

Good luck.

I'd use cold air straight up if you have a timer to control the intake.

Disclaimer :
I live in a mild climate (pacific northwest) rarely do we get temps below freezing consistently but when we do I'd just regulate it on a timer adjusting till stable.

I'm in Kentucky. It was 7degrees last night and supposed to be in the 20s all this week, and probably not much better next week. Running cold air straight up isn't an option.

I've finally worked a way to intake from a climate controlled room of the house using some 20ft of insulated ducting. Thank you.

Nice. That should work great.

Yeah 7f is too cold straight up. Thought you were closer to the 32f.

How's your relative humidity with those exterior temps?

Yeah, a timer or fan speed controller would probably work. Good point, I need a fan speed controller actually. That would make my life much easier I think.... automation rocks.

Until it fails you....

The dark cycles would receive 0 heat from the bulb and that blistering cold air would be too difficult to manage. I've tied into my return ducting to the furnace, coming from the house. It's the cooler of the two (return/supply) and that's my intake. I'm exhausting my lamp into the room the tent sets in to help heat it. My carbon filtered exhaust from the tent runs up the house chimney.

I recommend you to upgrade your hood of a minimum of 6 inches and when your bringing cool air it condenses and it produce lots of Moisture and this moisture falls on the plant. Basically, if you just want to bring cool air to room and dump it in the room dont run into the light because when the cool air run to the light it condenses fast.

I recommend you to upgrade your hood of a minimum of 6 inches and when your bringing cool air it condenses and it produce lots of Moisture and this moisture falls on the plant. Basically, if you just want to bring cool air to room and dump it in the room dont run into the light because when the cool air run to the light it condenses fast.

IF you draw cold air 32 deg or colder through your light,water will condense inside your hood. I have seen bulbs pop from the water hitting them. You have to temper the air above 40 deg or your asking for problems.

Back
Top Bottom