Herbies Afghani Regular?

landlocked

Hey everyone!

Pretty new at growing, 30 days into my first grow. I did a TON of research before starting and picked ideal seeds from Herbies to get me going. I got some freebies and am looking for any info on them. I got (2) Afghani Regular seeds from Herbies but I can't find anything by that name on their site.

Has anyone grown it or know anything about it? Going off of "Afghani" I'm assuming its pretty much pure indica..

:yummy:

Hey everyone!

Pretty new at growing, 30 days into my first grow. I did a TON of research before starting and picked ideal seeds from Herbies to get me going. I got some freebies and am looking for any info on them. I got (2) Afghani Regular seeds from Herbies but I can't find anything by that name on their site.

Has anyone grown it or know anything about it? Going off of "Afghani" I'm assuming its pretty much pure indica..

:yummy:

I have 10 of them. I am planning on starting them inside in April then I will give them to my friend to plant somewhere on his 50 acres. I am sure he will do nothing with them so they will just grow naturally.

Not having grown outdoors before, and since the plants will be left alone and we know that some of the plants will be male, how far apart should the plants be planted to minimize the chance of pollination? The person whose property will not be looking at Male/Female and the property is 2 hours from me so going to harvest won't be a problem, but checking on the plants regularly is not an option.

there will be plenty of people growing these in the next month ,herbies give away tons with orders , got some my self my friend give me , my plans is going 12/12 from seed , kill the males and let the m do their thing , only using 4 x 300 w cfl 2 blue 2 red :)

How long would I have to run them 12/12 from seed till I could tell male from female? That would be a better solution so we only transplant the females. I have not run regular seeds before, just fems and autos.

Yea, I figured that a bunch of people have gotten them recently. That journal is of an Afghani cross, so still helps identifying some traits. I think I may throw one or two in while my Auto finishes up, but in another week or two. I'm moving soon, and don't want to stress a young seedling out and don't want it hurting for light in my small cabinet.

this will be my first time also , i do believe you can sex in about 6 weeks or so , ive read a bit into it , this is the reason ill be using cfl so its a low budget grow. i think the idea is just to grow the main cola snip of side growth , you put all your effort in to getting the main claa as big as you can , if you google or youtube it you will find out more information , its a pretty cool way to grow if you have load of seeds and you get more harvests
ill be keeping a male and female for more seeds, if they dont give me any problems then its worth redoing them :)

How long would I have to run them 12/12 from seed till I could tell male from female? That would be a better solution so we only transplant the females. I have not run regular seeds before, just fems and autos.

Might stress them out going from 12/12 to outdoors.. I'll let someone else with more experience weigh in.

they would look like this if you did 12/12 from seed to harvest, ( well you hope they would lol )

some people sex their plants then reveg , just knocks them back a bit ,

gallery_5711_1495_208195.jpg

Them seeds are basically the same as skunk #1 from sensi seeds .

I sent an email to Herbies and they got back to me right away.:goodjob: They said these seeds are not released yet but they are from Seedman. They said the Sensi Seeds Afgani #1 is almost identical. Here is the info:

Sensi Seeds - Afghani #1

The plants from the fast, heavy, compact side of the cannabis family tree are named after India, and it’s true that these strains are commonly grown for charas in the mountainous north of the country. However, the most perfect examples of the dark, ultra-resinous Cannabis Indica genotype are actually found hundreds of kilometres to the northwest, in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Dedicated students of Indica bloodlines often refer to these varieties as ‘Afghanica’ when speaking of their favourites and as ‘hash plants’ when talking generally of the strains found across India, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Many Indica-heads prefer their ganja without a trace of Sativa or Skunk, while some purists will only consume weed or hash that they know to be 100% Cannabis Indica

In years past, the most determined Indica-lovers have journeyed all the way to Pakistan, then across the Afghan border into ‘hashish country’ — the high reaches of the Hindu Kush between Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, down to Kandahar in the south — in search of pure, unaltered local seeds which might be brought home to grow into the Afghanica of their dreams.

A more reliable and cost-effective option is simply to obtain a packet of Sensi‘s Afghani #1. The very best parents from our unparalleled range of Afghani cultivars have been distilled into a single seed variety that gives growers textbook examples of the Afghanica genotype every time.

Anyone looking for a fast, easy-growing indoor strain capable of copious yields and almost-frightening resin production need look no further. Whether growers want uniform crops from seed or outstanding pure Indica mother plants to fill their flowering space with dynamic dark green clones, Afghani #1 has it covered.

Even first-timers find it hard not to succeed with this strain, and growers who bring out the full potential of Afghani #1 rank her among the finest original Indicas to be found anywhere.

Short flowering period (45 - 45 days)
95% Indica

I sent an email to Herbies and they got back to me right away.:goodjob: They said these seeds are not released yet but they are from Seedman. They said the Sensi Seeds Afgani #1 is almost identical. Here is the info:

Sensi Seeds - Afghani #1

The plants from the fast, heavy, compact side of the cannabis family tree are named after India, and it's true that these strains are commonly grown for charas in the mountainous north of the country. However, the most perfect examples of the dark, ultra-resinous Cannabis Indica genotype are actually found hundreds of kilometres to the northwest, in the mountains of Afghanistan.

Dedicated students of Indica bloodlines often refer to these varieties as 'Afghanica' when speaking of their favourites and as 'hash plants' when talking generally of the strains found across India, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Many Indica-heads prefer their ganja without a trace of Sativa or Skunk, while some purists will only consume weed or hash that they know to be 100% Cannabis Indica

In years past, the most determined Indica-lovers have journeyed all the way to Pakistan, then across the Afghan border into 'hashish country' – the high reaches of the Hindu Kush between Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, down to Kandahar in the south – in search of pure, unaltered local seeds which might be brought home to grow into the Afghanica of their dreams.

A more reliable and cost-effective option is simply to obtain a packet of Sensi's Afghani #1. The very best parents from our unparalleled range of Afghani cultivars have been distilled into a single seed variety that gives growers textbook examples of the Afghanica genotype every time.

Anyone looking for a fast, easy-growing indoor strain capable of copious yields and almost-frightening resin production need look no further. Whether growers want uniform crops from seed or outstanding pure Indica mother plants to fill their flowering space with dynamic dark green clones, Afghani #1 has it covered.

Even first-timers find it hard not to succeed with this strain, and growers who bring out the full potential of Afghani #1 rank her among the finest original Indicas to be found anywhere.

Short flowering period (45 - 45 days)
95% Indica

WOOO!!! Great news. I'm stoked for these!

Back
Top Bottom