flushing - different media, different approaches

cannilingus

hi all. i have allways been either a potting soil grower, or most recently, soil less (groweres h0/sunshine #4, happy dog). i have flushed in different ways. but, it seems to me, especially with my just finished god grow, of six sows in four gallon pots, with soilless, that i made a change. i used to start a good flush, with like three weeks remaining. each time they would dry out, id flush again, etc. i was thinking. with this soil less, it has no ferts at all in it. so, am i starving my girls, this way? i know the types of ferts used, must affect fllush also. i have been, the last several runs, been useing what used to be called peters. 20-20-20, for veg, and i think 6-54-30 ish. i have had very good luch with about all of the different ferts i have used. but, using my ppm meter, to monitor the runoff, as i flush, some are up at like 1200 ppm. lol. but, a very good product im going back to, is called dyna gro. low numbers, and use it on every watering. one part veg. one bloom. ok.
im qwestion is....with three weeks to go, what if, i just feed em ph'd plain water, for the next two weeks, and, on the last watering, put like six gallons of water thru each 4 gal pot, and call it good? this way, im not starving them. on this last run, which, by the way, i have one plant left to cut, after i write this. this time, what i did, was to flush the heck out of em, with three weeks left. and from there, i gave em just water, with a bit of molasses in it. well, my yield this time, is larger than usual. i know some people, who use the organic stuff, sometimes dont flush, per say, at all. i remember my first grow. it was a hawaiian hermer, that was gifted me, and i used fox farm soil, and nutes. i did not know about flushing. and, that weed, was flammable. lol. lmao. i think the constant drive for YEILD YEILD YEILD, has pushed many of us, in the wrong direction. for just perosnal smoke, probably the smaller number nutes, are just what is needed. perhaps not so much tonnage, but smooth and wonderfull. i would appreciate, your thoughts on this matter. love my ppm meter. my water, runs from 120-160 ppm. and the great % of this, i know, is ca. so i dont need to supp with it. when i did the initial huge flush on the gods, the first runoff, was 1250 ppm. wow. by the time i had put six gallons, thru each pot, it was at aobut 338 ppm. minus the 160, is 178 ppm, of old nutes. not bad. i may go back to using canna, as well. i had next to no ppms on that. thanks for your thoughts. i have used sledghammer. but, not sure if its a waste of cash.

Re: flushing. different media, different approachs.

Well, I don't have an answer for you, but you did get me thinking.

I grew in soil prior, and did the same 2-3 week flush before harvest. Now I'm in coco, and I have to water with nutes daily, so I'm still working on how I'm going to do things.

I've been considering tapering off nutes towards the end, then switching to an organic supplement from Sierra Natural Science for the last few days.

Re: flushing. different media, different approachs.

hi antics! yes, yesterday, i went and got a 3.8 cu bale of lucky dog soilless mix, made by foxfarm. many of the soilless, including this one, are more porous, and seem to allow water to run freely thu it. i like the stuff. so, i think, depending on the number on what ever nutes you use, will help with the flush. justs becasue its soilless, doent mean you MUST feed every time. but, several nutes i have used, say to do.
when i was at the nursery, for the soilless. i grabbed a 16 oz bottle of a new fox farm product, called bembe. 0-1-3. worm, bat, and seagull shit. and, 14% sucross. (cane sugar and beet sugar), and 10% molasses. this would be a nice thing to give the girls, after flushing, or, in between feedings, id think. says it enhances the buds sweetness, while feeding the microbes in the soil. i use kangaroos, during veg. i will add this, so all those good bugs have something to eat. speaking of bugs. after four months of no mites. i saw some on one plant. SHIT! well, i hit em with a big nono. "floramite hc" now, i will follow up, with neem oil spray. i never use either of my two nukes, on anything in bloom. the other nuke, being avid. that is a glove, long sleeve, hat, and eye protection one. but, the organic stuff, works well, IF, you use it every five days, for a month. ounce i see mites, i keep treating, long after i see none.......anyway. i have about 12 oz of god to remove off the limbs, and jar up. i will post some pics. thanks for contacting me..

Back
Top Bottom