Will I be able to grow with this setup?

kooljohn54

I am new to growing and had recently made a pc grow box . I made a video and just want some feedback and is this setup manageable and is the light I'm using ok for now and how many hours of light and dark for this stage do I need 18/6?
My light is 40watt 2700k lumen something.like that

Here's the video :

You might be able to grow enough to fill a small J bag. Lot of effort for bugger all gain in my opinion. Why not go for something a little bigger like a closet?

You might be able to grow enough to fill a small J bag. Lot of effort for bugger all gain in my opinion. Why not go for something a little bigger like a closet?
Yeah I know what you mean just been interested in growing and I would but I would need those expensive lights . If I gain more knowledge on It I'll for sure use my closet

gotta start somewhere I guess. I'd try to get a pot that is shorter but wide, ideally the same width and length as the pc case, so you get more head room for the plant but the roots can still spread out a bit. make sense?

gotta start somewhere I guess. I'd try to get a pot that is shorter but wide, ideally the same width and length as the pc case, so you get more head room for the plant but the roots can still spread out a bit. make sense?
Ok I see , Will do . Thanks for the feedback

Grow lights aren't that expensive. You can pick up QUALITY LED panels around $100 (resist the urge to buy shit on auction sites, most of the time the panels are underpowered, and have horrible warranties) When you're ready to start shopping for an LED panel, look at Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® Mars-Hydro has lights that start at around $100.

You also have the option to use MH/HPS, and prices start about the same as the LED, but will require more exhaust to cool down the grow.

As for your PC grow, definitely get your hands on a short, but wide pot. As big as you can fit, but try to keep it 6" / 15cm tall or under.

Next you will want to train the plant, using LST (Low stress training). The idea is to train the plant to grow short, but wide.

If you are growing a photo strain, I suggest topping or FIM. If this is an auto strain, you'll want to train the top to bend sideways, possibly putting the pot at one end of the grow box, and allowing the plant to grow sideways.

I would add another light if possible, at least 2 bulbs, the more the merrier, but adding bulbs will also increase heat, so find your happy medium.

And lastly, get a screen or something on the fans, otherwise your leaves can end up getting chopped up and mangled in the fans.

You'll also want a good PH meter (resist the urge to buy those meters that measure light, PH and moisture, they won't stay accurate long,, and cannot be calibrated)

And Nutrients. Don't start feeding yet, but you will need them. Avoid using Miracle Grow, fertilizer spikes, or any sort of time release granules. They make it difficult to know how much the plant is receiving, and impossible to flush without releasing massive quantities of nutrients, which can hurt, or kill your plant.

40watt 2700k is not good for anything. It's a flowering spectrum and a very week one. Get cooler light for the first weeks of seedling and then it's either 250w hps / 300w led or nothing. trust me on this one, if you not investing in more light it's much cheaper to just buy some weed.

40watt 2700k is not good for anything. It's a flowering spectrum and a very week one. Get cooler light for the first weeks of seedling and then it's either 250w hps / 300w led or nothing. trust me on this one, if you not investing in more light it's much cheaper to just buy some weed.

You don't need to flower only with an HPS or LED. He can easily flower with CFLs. I flowered with CFLs and got over 3 ounces.. so I'm pretty sure they work, but as you said, will be more effective when using a 6500K for Veg, and 2700K for Flower.
You also don't need a 250w minimum HPS, or 300w minimum LED. It can be done with less, and many have proven it.

You don't need to flower only with an HPS or LED. He can easily flower with CFLs. I flowered with CFLs and got over 3 ounces.. so I'm pretty sure they work, but as you said, will be more effective when using a 6500K for Veg, and 2700K for Flower.
You also don't need a 250w minimum HPS, or 300w minimum LED. It can be done with less, and many have proven it.

I agree 100% I got several plant get 1 oz plus with CFLs on my first couple grows. Start where you can and upgrade when you can and keep learning.:thumb:

many but not most, and i hardly believe those are beginners. i have proven you can yield 24 ounces with no nutrients, but chances are that with descent lights and nutrients one can get better results.

many but not most, and i hardly believe those are beginners. i have proven you can yield 24 ounces with no nutrients, but chances are that with descent lights and nutrients one can get better results.

Absolutely. Better equipment=better results. That being said, learn first. I used cfls in the beginning. I also nute burned the crap out of my plants, over watered them, had the ph all screwed up. My first grows weren't great not because of the light, but because I didn't know what I was doing. I learned. Things got better. I got better lights. Things got better still. I am still learning and hopefully will always keep learning. :peace:

Absolutely. Better equipment=better results. That being said, learn first. I used cfls in the beginning. I also nute burned the crap out of my plants, over watered them, had the ph all screwed up. My first grows weren't great not because of the light, but because I didn't know what I was doing. I learned. Things got better. I got better lights. Things got better still. I am still learning and hopefully will always keep learning. :peace:

story of my life buddy.

Back
Top Bottom