Beginner to growing

MarriedOn420

Hello I am new to growing but decided to germinate a seed from my husbands reg bag. I am almost 100% sure it's a female but wanted some opinions and thoughts on how my plant looks I trimmed a few water leaves off a couple days ago so bottom branches can get light. Any opinions or tips would be appreciated.

Sorry my pictures are sideways they uploaded like that.

30c2bfc.jpg

mwd1kh.jpg

I keep the light about 4inches away but I put it in that corner so the light will reflect off of the white walls and hit the whole plant and yes they are white hairs coming out and I have a 26W compact fluflourescent light that's equivalent to 130W and it's 1600 lumens but seeing how I do with this plant before I germinate my good seed.
It stretched like that when it was first growing which is weird cause I kept the light close but it kept growing.

Needs a lot more light!! you want 100-150w per plant. True watts, not equivalent watts. This is the reason you don't have any branches growing of the main stem. It will only produce growth up and towards the light if it does not have sufficient energy to grow out.

No my branches werent growing cause the big water leaves since ive cut them there has been major improvement on them branches. Ill defiantly look into some more light tho and I gave it some fox farm for vegatative growth i only water when it starts to dry out

No my branches werent growing cause the big water leaves since ive cut them there has been major improvement on them branches. Ill defiantly look into some more light tho and I gave it some fox farm for vegatative growth i only water when it starts to dry out

Fan leaves? They don't prevent growth, they help it.

Inside the leaf is where photosynthesis takes place. Without it, your plant dies.

If anything, cutting off the leaves put the plant into panic/survival mode, highly stressed, forcing new growth to survive.

You need more light, and possibly less water, that can have a negative impact on vigor. You just need more light, 26w is only good for a seedling. I had 14 bulbs, 361 total watts (not equivalent watts), for my grows.

I strongly suggest reading this: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Before I cut them big leaves those branches were barley growing since trimming they have grown out a lot my plant is not stressed at all I see improvement in her everyday. What kind of light would be good just for one plant cause I went to the plant store and that's what they recommended to me. I don't water my plant very much at all once a week when the top of the dirt starts to dry is when I water. I am wondering if I'll need a bigger pot.

The plant promoted leaf growth (big leaves by the looks of it) to try and capture as much light as possible, to then turn into energy and growth. You never acquired branches though, which happens at a very young age. More light= more growth

How much does a 150W light run in price will a fluorescent be ok?l

Would it be enough if I got a 150w cfl soft light?

Price will vary by store. Usually CFLs are sold in 2, 3 and 4 packs. Sometimes more.

When you look for CFL bulbs it's VERY IMPORTANT to look for the ACTUAL WATTAGE. Like you said above, your bulb is equivalent to 130 watts - COMPLETELY IGNORE THAT. That number lets people know that it's equal in brightness to a standard incandescent 130w bulb.

Now since Incandescent bulbs cannot effectively grow Cannabis, this number is useless for our purposes. Just focus on real wattage.

I suggest using several lower wattage bulbs, like 6-12 23 watt bulbs. These will fit in your standard household sockets.

Lights must be within 6" of the plant. I prefer to be between 3-6".

LST helps a lot, but since your plant is tall, you'll need to spread the lights all around the plant evenly.

And definitely read this, I know it's long, but it contains a ton of information that will answer questions before they even come up: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Back
Top Bottom