A bit of advice please

Wildme

Check these plants out and tell me what you guys think is the cause for the bright yellow new growths that seem to be growing from the top of three of em. Just not quit sure what it is so dont want to fix based on a guess. Here's a couple pics
image21484.jpg
image21329.jpg
image21485.jpg
image21486.jpg
thanks guys/gals keep it growing

Mmm i wouldn't worry to much at the moment & the yellowing new growth is reasonable common even happens on indoor grows from time to time.

How ever i may go as far as testing the soil PH value just to see what it is ? you can picking up liquid test kits from most garden center outlets etc what ya need is a soil PH between 6 & 7 ideally :thumb:

Well nutrients used blood/bone meal etc once you look into these they are terms of fast, medium & slow release values so to speak off.

Blood meal is faster release ya more likely need to apply this every couple of months for an example.

Bone meal is some where between medium & slow release... more likely last several months or more.

I don't think these alone will substain good plant growth but may pass off depending how good the soil is ?

I may suggest mulching with a good bit of OM aka organic matter & i may suggest some well rotted manure as this has a low NPK ratio may contain some trace micro nutrients all of this will break down in time improving soil conditions adding humus & feeding the plants.

A good layer of mulch also aids in moisture retention of the soil so ya don't have to water so often :high-five:

You could always back it up with liquid feed once a month or a granule based fertilizer every couple of months if ya really want to ?

Most new growth that I have observed will have a mild yellowing to it such as what you are seeing. I do not believe it has anything to do with Nitrogen, as it is a mobile element and you would see it in older growth, not the new.

Fuzzy Duck is spot on with regards to your nutrients. A soil pH test would also be ideal if you have it available.

Thanks a lot for dropping bye fellas, I do have a tester, tested around 6.5/6.8 that's deffenately after a bit of mending of course. Added 4 bags of peat moss/ perlite, compost, but no fertilizer, now that on the other hand was a little low but was still in the good range(on my tester). Worked on this area for a long time to get it there believe me. Even dug the garden about 3ft deep, and I made sure to have this clay soil nice and fluffy so my roots can have as much room as possible. And I think u guys were right on they look a lot better today, maybe had something to do with the transplant, or that I let em get too big in there small pots. You guys think ill have enough room for this many plants?

Thanks a lot for the advice bud, you seem to know what your doing man I'm gonna keep this ggrow going to the end man, think I'm being over protective with my girls giving em too! Much love lol. I will definitely do the mulch thing that's a great idea seeing that I have three bags lying around(sweat) stick it out with me buddy and help me get the best medicine possible. Really think I just need a good feeding regime and let Mother Nature do the rest. My area is pretty clean but have made some plans to battle the critters and bugs. Didn't get to em really at all last year( my first grow). The only real problem I had was bud mold, nice plants and even in my dry air area they still caught it. Had too harvest early to save, good bud but didn't reach her full potential :( sorry for rambling just excited about this years grow, here it's gonna be a nice year outside for my girls. Thanks again pal!!

I read through and didn't see a mention of Limestone in your mix. If you use mulch material with leaves, twigs and such, over time it will break down and turn acidic. Limestone will keep your soil ph in check through the grow.

What's a good fertilizer you would reccomend

That is a tough one as lots can be got but limited to where you are in the world by various means...

If ya in to the organic idea i might look into cold pressed seaweed liquid nutrients contains many trace value micro nutrients and some brands add some NPK to their own versions.

Also fish emulsion fertilizer another liquid nutrient are pretty good & helps bolster microorganism content in the soil.

If going down the granule line of fertilizer i may well avoid the time release stuff !

Thanks again man gonna head to the nursery and pick some up, but not knowing I did put a bit of osmocote plus in the soil too hoping it would help, read that it does ok. What do you think? Did I screw it up? Did see some liquid fish fertilizer at ace is this ok. Let you know the name when I go back.

Back
Top Bottom