plant problem?

Linkorien

anyone have an idea of what this looks like?
im thinking nute burn but i didnt give them that much, the leaves started out yellowing/orange at the tips and slowly dieing as they curl down the leaf...
plants on week 4 now veg 24hrs light
FF ocean forest soil, 4 gallon square mesh pots
used Big Bloom at 50% recommended strength
250wat LED
AK47
indoors
temps avrg 80s with RH humidity around 35%

11084367_1108468499178965_678301656_n.jpg

and
11072060_1108468522512296_537266967_n.jpg

11081701_1108638665828615_1535247725_n.jpg

24/7 lights for the past six weeks?

FFOF is hot with nutes, very hot. However, it sort of looks like a nitrogen or magnesium problem. Can you take a pic of the whole plant? When plant leaves curl like they are "praying" or shaping like a "taco" they are either too hot or praying for magnesium. If the leaves are dying bottom up, you could have a nitrogen deficiency also. How long have they been in the soil? You get 2-4 weeks of nutes max from the soil until the plant has eaten it all up. Then, you must add nutes to your watering to make sure everything stays leveled out for the plant. Are these autos? Why 24 hour light regimen?

I would transplant them into larger pots with new FFOF soil. I bet it does the trick.

If you can't go larger on the pot. Pull them from the pot they are in, cut off the bottom half of the roots, I use a machete. Shake the remaining roots off to get the used up soil off of them, fill the pot up with new dirt and put them back in it.

Or, feed. Get something with a decent Mg count. Possibly nitrogen also. Maybe give her a little superthrive? She is in veg right?

flush the heck out of her, with ph'ed water. ff soil ocean soil is preety hot. you dont need nutes with that stuff. and, with some streains, its still too hot. i used it starting out. i prefer using soiless, then i know what is in it. nothing. lol. only what i add. however, for outdoor, i use miricle grow garden soil, in a 4' across hole. they love it. ill show you just that plant, from last season. its a thc bomb. and i just hatched my last two seeds of it, to do the same, this year.
PA060380.JPG

If shes been in that pot for 5 weeks that soil has been eaten through. She has digested the nutrients and is hungry. The nutes don't last forever.. You either have to give new dirt to feed her or start adding nutes to your water to feed her. One pot of dirt will not last you longer than a month.

She looks hot and deficient. I would trim the leaves off that are by the dirt. Give her like an inch or two of just stem at the base of the dirt. All those stems and leaves aren't worth it right by the top of the soil. She will grow more, just trim them away to give her a good base. The leaves directly next to the dirt will allow mold and pests to build up. You want an airy area between the top of the soil and the leaves of the plant. No leaves should ever touch dirt. Cut them off.

Transplant or feed. Definitely give her some superthrive it will help out a lot. A drop is all you need in 2-3 gallons just make it all and then toss what you don't water her with. She could probably use a flush, but not to dilute nutes but to wash away waste from all the eating she did. FFOF is rich in nutrients and when she eats she also expels waste. That needs to be washed from the soil as well. Don't eat where you sh** same goes for plants. She can't eat around her own waste.

To each their own, but you should look up DrZiggy's grow and what he's doing for lighting. I give you the cliff notes, 11/13 and the plants look great. They have been digging into the light schedule where the plants are from and that's how they got to that, kinda. Beyond whatever deficiency there is, I think 24/7 for four weeks is much. I did it for two weeks myself so I'm not in a glass house throwing stones. I'm just saying you should consider giving them girls a break. Give them four hours to start.

Good luck man, you're in veg so you have some time to work the kinks out, wish you the best.

To each their own, but you should look up DrZiggy's grow and what he's doing for lighting. I give you the cliff notes, 11/13 and the plants look great. They have been digging into the light schedule where the plants are from and that's how they got to that, kinda. Beyond whatever deficiency there is, I think 24/7 for four weeks is much. I did it for two weeks myself so I'm not in a glass house throwing stones. I'm just saying you should consider giving them girls a break. Give them four hours to start.

Good luck man, you're in veg so you have some time to work the kinks out, wish you the best.

I agree with this. Get the cheap timer with the black push buttons. Digital plug in timers are not worth it unless you buy a time controller. I think I would probably go straight to 18/6 but the gradual progression of 20/4 to 18/6 will also work.

I agree with this. Get the cheap timer with the black push buttons. Digital plug in timers are not worth it unless you buy a time controller.

What do you mean a time controller? I plug a power strip into the timer and my lights into the power strip. I'm confused, my digital timer works great and I also have a black push button type and its noisy!

I would suggest 18/6 light cycle to give you plants a break. And also, as your still in veg, you seem to be giving her flowering nutes, it might be too much...especially with your FFOF soil having nutes as well, JMO

What do you mean a time controller? I plug a power strip into the timer and my lights into the power strip. I'm confused, my digital timer works great and I also have a black push button type and its noisy!

A time controller is a computerized timer that allows for 8-124 time settings and can also control usually 4-12 different systems. So you can have your lights, your auto watering system, your fans, your pumps, etc on one time controller instead of several independent timers.

Digital timers use an internal battery to power the digital front. If you continuously keep this timer plugged in, it usually is fine for a couple years before the internal battery dies. The internal battery charges when the timer is plugged in. If for whatever reason you are not using your timer, keep it plugged into an outlet to keep its battery charged. Once that battery goes bad and can no longer be charged or hold a charge the digital timer turns into a paper weight. Also, most of these only have a 7 or 8 slot memory. If you want your pump to turn on and off in 20 minute intervals, a digital timer only gets you through a couple hours. One with the black push buttons can go on and off every other button... it gives you more control and they are cheap. Just my two cents on timers... but this is what I have deduced after using many different ones.

Back
Top Bottom