nute burn

beavercat

420 Member
I used vermiculite and STA Green moisture control soil, and it has time release nutes in it. I didnt want to use this stuff, but I didn't have the money for fox farm. Anyway... can anyone tell me if this is nute burn?
20150326_165951.jpg
20150326_165940.jpg
20150326_165933.jpg

Can you give more information about your grow?

How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your pH like, both medium and nutes?
What's the NPK of all your nutes?
How often are you feeding with nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule ...

Honestly it looks more like a Calcium deficiency than nute burn to me. Nute burn is pretty obvious with the tips turning brown and becoming very dry. As it gets worse it can progress up through the leaf mostly remaining on the outside edges. Calcium deficiency looks like small rust spots sporadically around the fan leaves.

Its 60% sta green moisture control, and 30% vermiculite in 4 gallon pots w/ drainage holes. 6 feminized dark angels from crop king seeds. I have 8 100 watt cfls, and the plants are indoors. Im growing them in my guest bathroom tub, so they have plenty of room. I water ever 4-7 days depending on how damp the soil is.the ph is about 6.0 no pests, and the temp stays around 70 degrees. Im not sure how humid it is, but I can tell its much more humid than the rest of the house. They are 1 month old, and they are only getting the time release nutes that are in the soil at themoment. But i plann on getting flora grow later As I dont want to burn them since they have time release. (Really should have gone with pro soil) and no pests.
20150326_200748.jpg
20150326_200742.jpg

High humidity likely won't be a big issue for you right now, but once you get into flowering it will be essential to monitor it closely. High relative humidity runs the risk of mold developing in your buds. You should be able to pick up a good hygrometer for under $10.

Thanks for all the advice. I check it digitally, and I'll get some ph up and down. I've only been watering with distilled water because there's too much chlorine in the tap. Should I add some calcium as well?

Back
Top Bottom