when to crop the top?

BigSmoker1275

When should I cropp my ladies so they grow two instead of one? Right now I'm at the third to fourth set of leaves! They are looking awesome with five leaves per set now.

When should I cropp my ladies so they grow two instead of one? Right now I'm at the third to fourth set of leaves! They are looking awesome with five leaves per set now.

Around this time is when most people start cropping:thumb:

No real science to it I think. I just pinch the stem off after the last node. So removing a small set of leaves and the bit of stem under it, leaving the set of leaves below that one but making sure you take everything above it- ie - make sure you remove the tip so there is only stem left at the tip center, instead of any half/cut leaves remaining. If this makes sense. At least this is how I do it. Then new branching will start at the last node and will also increase at the lower nodes somewhat. Not sure how legibly in writing lol. Anyway- it's easy

Yup. Watch a few videos. Cannabis is very forgiving. You can goof up badly and still get a reasonable harvest.

I usually do 1 topping at 2-4 nodes tall, then each sub branch a week or so later. I bend the top stem down to encourage the nodes below the bend to grow.

Do y'all have pics of after cropping then a few weeks after? My strain in white widow skunk it says its a medium plant and was thinking of waiting like two more nodes to crop because I would prefer they get a little height then bush out due to space... What do y'all think about that?

I grow WW and topped them about a month+ old, they were bigger than what you talked about but it seems that she took it ok and now i have about 12 main nodes i LSTed and she looks happy over all. Growth is symetric and it doesnt grow only upwards.

Its still in progress, i expect a total of 2 months+ from the time i put the seed in soil, then its flower time.
But i will deffenetly ask for advise here before switching.

Here is one of my ladies
IMG_20150327_152503508.jpg

Checking out the links and seeing them is awesome. Will definitely bookmark them. Thank you for sharing!

The Cap'ns posts- the half dozen or so left on 420, are all worthy of reading and re-reading. I'm not doing hydro but it makes me want to, and there's still lots to learn there, whatever style you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom