Please help! No leaves!

LoveGreen

I have germinated 6 auto JH seeds and out of that, only 3 have germinated so far. The other 3 will hopefully germinate but there's something weird here. As you can see in the pic, there are no cotyledon leaves after they popped out of the soil. Regarding the second seed, it popped out with leaves, but it was all twisted and then I noticed that it had simply fallen out of the jiffy plug! I dipped that seedling in some rooting hormone and I'm hoping it will grow (although I'm not too hopeful). I haven't posted the pic because it looks all normal. The third seed looks good, although it's way too tiny.

Now, what do I do with this seedling? It has no leaves. The pH is 6. No nutrients, no nothing. Please help!
No_leaves.jpg

Then it doesn't have any leaves at all :goodluck:

I think your picture is upside down and it looks like a root that is trying to grow back down.

The roots know where to go, but they don't always start out in the right direction.

You mean the leaves are inside the peat? What do I do if I don't find it in there?

Woohoo! There you go! I see the leaves now. However, they are yellow, but I guess this is as good as it gets. Thank you so so much Richard! Do I place a small dome over the plants or can I introduce them to CFLs?
Leaves24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom