Help with grow room, noob. Need all the advice I can get!!!

pharmingtrees

. I am considering a room and feel I have good design.

I am considering a 12x12x8 ft build. Splitting the two rooms. On 4.5x12 and the other 7.5 x 12

I have a few questions I can't seem to find direct answers to. I figured why not ask.

1. I bought a 10" hyper fan 1065 cfm and a 10" filter 750 cfm
I may have gone to big but fan speed is adjustable so could just lower.

My thought was I could set in larger room exhaust out. The air will pull from larger room and by vents through smaller room., passive air

2. Since I will have vents I will have light coming in wich is no good how do I prevent that. And with whatever design would that effect passive air pull?

3. Inbound fan to bring fresh air in. I was thinking of ducting that to the smaller 4.4x12 room and having it be sucked out through the vents into larger room by 10" hyper fan.

Do you know what size fan I should use? I was told to keep negative pressure the inbound air cfm should be half.

So I am lost confused.....

Part 4 I will have the inbound in the laundry room where the hot water tank is as well as heater. Will me drawing air from there be a concern?
When drawing air from house into room and exhausting does it pose any risk to available breathable air? I will not suffocate anyone?!

Again tyvm for your help I will look to post this but can't find how.

If your building your room buddy all you have to do is put a vent on the top of one side of the wall and a vent at the bottom on the other side of the wall. Follow that one ? You should be fine on fan size your trying to move a lot of air anyways. Wouldn't worry about stale air too much just make sure both rooms have nice air moving in them. (fans) If air seems not adequate you could always put a booser fan in to bring more fresh air in.

I see what you mean on the vent just run it from top to bottom.. Air enters top in veg room and exits on bottom flower. Makes sense. I would use some ducting for that... This will not effect a good air flow and should be enough? As I said was going to have inbound air
With a smaller inline fan going from laundry room to veg room.

From veg room to flower to exhaust. Seems plausible. First time and all and have more question than answers!

I appreciate the quick response :) Ty.

It will add a bit of resistance to flow but not much you don't nee duct work either just vents you can use the wall studs as you ducting just cut in between them and your good I run a similar set up but my rooms are 8' apart so I put a bathroom fan (180 cfm) in my veg ceiling pushing fresh air in my veg room. To a 6'' (720 cfm) fan in my wall pushing down a 12'' acme tube I built out of wood to my flower room fresh air enters my flower room on the floor threw the wall studs. Then my 1000 watt cool hood is hooked up to a 10'' fan don't remember the cfms off the top of my head. My 2 rooms the hallway take up about 40 feet and thats what I have pushing air threw that. So your space is quite doable.

Ah I see no need for duct work makes perfect sense. I can now visualize it. Thanks for that. So then I will go with that, maybe 2 or 3 sets every other 16inches to be certain I have air flow. Add a nice 6inch fan doing about 345 cfm into veg and then passive vents will draw into flower and I'll be gtg!

Plan on having a couple wall fans inside to move air around to. (2 for Each room)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]:welcome: Pharmingtrees to the number 1 website for cannabis awareness!

Hope all is well in your world.

Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
International Cannabis News
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos
How to Grow Marijuana, Everything You Need to Know!

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We are truly grateful that you have joined us! :circle-of-love:

Greenest Regards,
Green Dreamz

:Namaste:[/FONT]

Also there's louvered vents you can use between rooms that allow no light. If you look back in my garden thread before I knocked my wall out to make it just a large bloom I did what your trying.

What i did was board up between two studs. In bloom at the base of wall I attached a can fan that would. Blow my perfectly controlled environment up the chamber out a register vent up top in veg. Pics are in my thread. That prevented light without special vents.

I since made that room a 15x15 bloom room and moved veg into another hidden location I built. Also available in my garden layout thread.

But in my garden thread there's more pictures of this

I since made that room a 15x15 bloom room and moved veg into another hidden location I built. Also available in my garden layout thread.

But in my garden thread there's more pictures of this

Impressive impressive. I have browsed the first 10 pages trying to locate. Thank you for the input and will look further to try and locate. I appreciate you takin the time and giving advice.

I am assuming I need to vent from outside the veg room in. Should I then add another fan and do as you propose?
So a total of 3 fans one inbound from laundry room then one from veg to flower room with a louvered vent and then the extraction fan. Was trying to keep cost workable. And
Was
Hoping passive air would do the trick. But I may be mistaken....

So you can but once it gets warm out you will need some sort of ac especially if your running hps or mh!

I run 14, 600 watt hortilux hps bulbs in bloom.

That required a 3.5 ton pulse generating mitsubishi heat pump that draws half an amp. And in bloom it operates two 18,000 btu mini split heads.

What's your light setup.

So you can but once it gets warm out you will need some sort of ac especially if your running hps or mh!

I run 14, 600 watt hortilux hps bulbs in bloom.

That required a 3.5 ton pulse generating mitsubishi heat pump that draws half an amp. And in bloom it operates two 18,000 btu mini split heads.

What's your light setup.

Originally considered 4 600 watt hps but have decided on led. Been watching cofinest
Vids and feel good about it. So prob going a 3 or 4 192x3 mars leds 600 watt equivelant
Read you prefer hid but for my set up and
Comfort level just figured they would be easier.. Didn't want the heAt and ballast RF issues I read about and since it's a small legal grow for one person not going crazy. Just want it to be proper and safe.
That and soil and hopefully be good. I believe hps will give bigger yields but looks like led set up will be somewhat close.

Back
Top Bottom