Cooling problems

Daybeanz

I've got my grow room built in my attic. I know heating problems were going to be an issue. I've got cool air coming in from the bathroom below and hot hair being sucked out up top.
I've built a homemade AC with and cooler and fan, it doesn't get cold enough to cool the whole room.
My questions start hear.
1. Would a higher CFM fan help pull more hot air out?
2. Would a cooled hood for my 600w light help?
3. If I installed a window AC in the box, would the heat outside the box(inside the attic) raise to inhuman levels?
4. What would you recommended for cooling?

OK, lets take a look here. So how do you have your exhaust set up? If you look at my journal, I had cooling issues as well and once I hooked up a 640CFM fan to my cool tube and filter, my heat problems are gone. The other thing that will help A LOT is to get that humidity up with a cool vapor humidifier. Raising the relative humidity will actually help to cool the room and you will want the humidity in the 60% range for veg. 84* really isn't all that bad for veg, but it will need to be in the 70's for flower.

If it were me, I would first add a humidifier (cool vapor) possible two with how low your humidity is.
Then, if that doesn't work, look into a cooled hood hooked to ducting and high CFM fan.

Welcome to the site!!

Right now my ducting is just a simple 6 inch duct fan sucking hot air out. The picture is a little old Ive gotten a humidifier since. I dont have a cool tube on my light. Just a simple reflector. Ive been looking into a cooled hood and cfm! The temp with the lights off is also pretty high around 78-80.

Yeah its only 240 CFM, gonna up grade to a 440 and get a cooled.hood. Then replace my bathroom fan with the duct fan! Thanks a bunch Ultra Dan!

Back
Top Bottom