Too many budsites? light/space requirements?

DaKindbuds

My first grow and I'm doing alright considering choosing coco when I've never used it. It's got a slight learning curve. I know now I should of went straight soil for my first grow. I'm not sure if I'm doing my girls justice meeting their nutrient needs. I started them out in a TupurGoldCoco70%/soil20%/sand10% mix in 1gal. Then transplanted to 5gal. With the new mix being 90%coco/10%sand. Then into 10 gal. With only the Tupur Gold coco. One of my girls is 2.5' in diameter with at least 35+ possible budsites when I flip. Is that too many? How big can I expect this SnoopsDream to get and how many can I expect to fit under one XXXL Hood she's already 2.5' in diameter and over a foot tall with LST. Any ideas the Jedi Kush in the second pic is almost 2' in diameter and only 8" tall. Also is anyone knows of a thread using this kind of media mix with the ff liquid trio and solubles that would be great I'm also using earth juice mychorrizae nd botanicare silica blast, cal-mag, and Hydroguard. Along with ff liquid trio, and open sesame, beastie bloom, and cha Ching. Thanks
image23708.jpg

Re: Too many budsites?/light/space requirements?

Nice Job! I guess the next step is to build a scrog to keep them in order.

That will depend on when you flip... If they fit during veg they will fit during flower... Generally they grow upward not outward during flower... If your in need of light below the canopy I used cfl's on the floor of my tent so as not to have temp problems, worked well for me...
20150124_175322.jpg

They are some very bushy ones. They tend to sort themselves out a bit during the stretch. A scrog helps, and I always remove the little buds and leaves that are shaded, after the stretch. I end up hopefully having a bud every 4" or so. Based on that it looks like the number of budsites you have is about perfect. The trick is to keep them separated evenly and the canopy an even height.
Lately I've been trying some more major defoliation based on AK Greenlover's methods, with unclear results so far (for me- his look great). AK does some major defol and weaves the branches all through the scrog resulting in a super packed screen.
Whatever method you use, I think you'll need to do some sort of defoliation later on to clear out the undergrowth. At least in my experience- I haven't tried anything like ripples' method of under-lighting.
But I don't see that you have anything to worry about. There are lots of options to force them into the shape and size you want. I find that's the most easy and fun part actually. It's feeding them properly that gives me headaches...

Thanks for the kind words. My girls have grown several inches overnight. How big would you recommend I make the screen per plant. I don't want to try multiple my first grow. I'm thinking of taking a few cuttings from my best girls. Set up a screen and wait at least a week before I flip. I want to see all girls at their best before then, and the cfl's arent a bad idea thanks
image23772.jpg

" I don't want to try multiple my first grow"

I didn't quite get that part. But it seems like generally people aim to have the plant fill about 60-75% of the screen at the flip, with the intention of filling the screen space after the stretch. Check out this thread thinking of flowering earlier Than expected opinions where he is about to do a scrog too. Also Pigeons420 just started a scrog too in the last couple pages here - Pigeons420's Re-Veg/Re-Generation of The Hog There are tons of scrogs going on obviously - that's just two first time scroggers I know of who are kind of on the same calendar as you. Funny that I'm giving any advice because I'm pretty new to scrogging, but it's not rocket science either. After you get the screen on things start to make sense pretty quickly as the plant grows into the screen. Hope this helps

I meant I didn't want to have multiple plants dedicated to a single screen. With these ten gallon grow pros, I think it's best to set up individual screens for each plant. The way it's looking I'm going to be at a two plants per XXXL hood. I hope not, I mean he'll yeah I want some big ol chongers in my flower room but the space I'm setting up for my flower room is only going to have four XXXL's so I'm kind of hesitant to even finish putting all my girls in 10 gallon even though I've seen incredible growth from all my girls that are in the 10s. I'm not even sure if my Fujitsu compact wall mount is going to be sufficient for intake/exhaust needs although it is rated for a much larger area. Considering it's rated for the room it's in and I'm basically building a tent and partitioning off a third of the room. So I'm thinking the circulation needs of my girls will be met because of the extra capacity from sealing off a third of the room. Does that make sense? I sure hope so. I'm also having trouble finding a carbon filter for it so I'll just get some virgin charcoal crush it a little and put it in panty hose or something to put over the exhaust vent. I don't know what else to do.

I meant I didn't want to have multiple plants dedicated to a single screen. With these ten gallon grow pros, I think it's best to set up individual screens for each plant. The way it's looking I'm going to be at a two plants per XXXL hood. I hope not, I mean he'll yeah I want some big ol chongers in my flower room but the space I'm setting up for my flower room is only going to have four XXXL's so I'm kind of hesitant to even finish putting all my girls in 10 gallon even though I've seen incredible growth from all my girls that are in the 10s. I'm not even sure if my Fujitsu compact wall mount is going to be sufficient for intake/exhaust needs although it is rated for a much larger area. Considering it's rated for the room it's in and I'm basically building a tent and partitioning off a third of the room. So I'm thinking the circulation needs of my girls will be met because of the extra capacity from sealing off a third of the room. Does that make sense? I sure hope so. I'm also having trouble finding a carbon filter for it so I'll just get some virgin charcoal crush it a little and put it in panty hose or something to put over the exhaust vent. I don't know what else to do. I also just took some cuttings last night. 11 to be exact. Someone turned my light on them off not knowing they are not on the same schedule as my other girls so they had about3-4 hours of dark just a couple hours after being put in the dome. They kinda have a lean going on I hope they still root. I should have took more but I've been feeling sick and I was tired so it was kind of a rushed job. I've got my fingers crossed

I made individual screens too. Basically support rods are jammed into a plywood base. I have few different size bases going on because some screens have two pots under them, some just one. I made them to fit four screens per light. And figured I could attach the four screens together to make one screen for when I want to grow just one plant per light. Right now it's 4 plants per light. The way the rods are attached I can raise or lower the screens on the rods and so I can adjust/tilt them whatever direction to kind of make a bowl shaped under the light if I want . I'll send you a photo later for a better description if you like, once I dig it up.
Here's a low budget diy filter idea.Low budget way to get rid of weed odor I made one just haven't needed to use it yet. People seem happy with how it works. I get the feeling your venting will work, based on what you said, if the fan is rated for a higher Cfm than need.
The clones won't be bothered one bit by that. I've heard of people rooting clones in complete darkness before.

Bro I really appreciate the feedback, it's been helpful. Especially about the clones I was going to be a little pissed because I hated cutting them the were just about exactly how I wanted them. To be honest though it's almost hard to notice that I even took cuttings. They grew overnight again, all the other shoots trying to establish dominance. They should straighten back up right? And should I have water in the bottom of the tray or just spray them and the dome like twice a day until I see roots?

See the black stuff hanging down is panda film. It was hot so I opened the window it's only veg cycle they seem fine and the window can't be seen by anyone besides its totally medical and legit. I'm actually under plant count hoping it will still provide enough meds though.

I haven't used whatever you are rooting them in (?) but the main trick is to keep the rooting medium moist but not soaked, and the temps nice. I used to keep the dome fully on for a day or two and mist inside, and then after that keep it cracked open a bunch with a small computer fan blowing air in there to keep things from getting stagnant, and mist now and then. Sorry- no real precise answer and I'm all over the map with how I do it but they are very forgiving and you can do it all different ways as long as you don't over soak the medium and your temperatures are good. Lately I've been rooting in rockwool cubes which I just stick in wet coco and leave alone- no dome no misting and they root after a week or ten days.

Back
Top Bottom