Thunderstorm knocked out my power - photoperiod plant exploded!

NateToke

I'm doing my first ever photoperiod grow after knocking out 10 or so autos. They've been vegging for about three month and have been topped twice. One of the two is obviously better genetics. It's bigger, bushier, greener, and just all around a better plant than her sister.

We had a massive thunderstorm roll through around 5:00 am and I ended up losing power, causing my garden to go dark for the first time this year.

Well, while it was dark, the big girl got even bigger! Her four main colas all out on upwards of two inches or more during the 12 hours of dark. She's in a 3 gallon pot and approaching 3.5' in height. Very tall for the pot, IMO. Further, while not in properly amended organic soil, she I in quality soil with good amendments and after three month has yet to receive any nutes.

I believe she is obviously ready for flower, but my buddy is telling me that I have a special plant on my hands and that I should turn her into a mother.

So two questions.

1. Is that kind of immediate growth normal when flipping to flower?
2. Should I turn her into a mother? I'm leaning towards yes. Since this is my first photoperiod grow, I have no cloning experience but my friend is willing to teach me.

All comments are appreciated.

I was a little confused when I read it the last time, about the thunderstorm. It shouldn't affect anything with your plant. You can flower it or continue to veg it ,or whatever. As for the immediate growth- I don't know how to answer that. I haven't noticed any 'immediate' growth over a few hour stretch- but.... I had to do a lot of transplanting today and my back hurts, lol. Sometimes I wish they would slow down. The things just seem to keep growing... Sounds like a good plant. But- fast growth isn't everything. Hopefully the herb is nice too!
If you want to keep the plant around in your life, you can take some clones now. Or later.
(You will need a space to grow them while the plant flowers though- maybe thats the stumbling block here (?) )
Any of the clones you cut can become a mother after they grow a while. Or you can clone during flowering as well, especially early on, but people have done it at all points by the sound of it. A plant can also be revegged. I have two revegging right now. I'll take a bunch of clones from those revegging plants soon. And the cycle continues...So the options are open. Personally, I'd probably go for the first option- take a few clones- flower the plant through and see how you like her to smoke, etc, by which time your clones will be big and you can flower them and save one as a mother, or toss them if you don't like the plant. My answer is probably a bit mangled but...Does this make sense?
Good luck with her :thumb:

Where's the pics? Lol you say 3 and a half feet out of 3 gals of soil I stopped my vegging at only 1 foot or so... Iwonder if my plants will grow that tell during flowering? If so awesome.

Back
Top Bottom