How long

I read somewhere that weed will just lose potency over time. Like 20% over a year if not stored correctly but the main thing is to keep it out of the sun. I will try to find that article.

Degradation will happen mostly in the first year. After that it will still lose about 10-15% of its potency every year. By about year three in long-term storage I'd expect it to be not worth smoking anymore. How long till you expect to be smoking it? Honestly you'd be much better off growing it when you retire than storing it for god knows how long. Even under ideal storage conditions it will degrade over time.

odd. several members here including myself have jarred stuff up for at least a yr if not longer. in my experience it tends to simply get better over that entire time frame.

proper curing and storage in sealed jars with boveda packs is key. keeping it out of the light is another must.

odd. several members here including myself have jarred stuff up for at least a yr if not longer. in my experience it tends to simply get better over that entire time frame.

proper curing and storage in sealed jars with boveda packs is key. keeping it out of the light is another must.

Exactly what I was going to say.

THCA turns to THC, and THC eventually turns to CBN, and CBN won't get you high. This is what naturally happens to cannabis once it's been harvested. I suppose you could slow the process by storing under ideal conditions, but cannabis without a doubt degrades over time and that's just a fact.

I would say vacuum it after you dry it or cure it your choice and put it in the freezer ...what aids cannabis degrading is oxygen and heat ...as long as your sealer does a good job …..check it after a moth or so and make sure that the vacuum seal has still held up if not revac it ..and well im sure you will get to smoke it as well as future runs before they go bad …. I mean I usually slow cure mine for almost a year with the only issue being that its suppppper smooth and tasty . Again that is a year in a non vacuum environment ,,,, oh yeah and um two hits still does the trick at this point :)

I would say vacuum it after you dry it or cure it your choice and put it in the freezer
I would never store it in a freezer. The freezing temps and fluctuating humidity will degrade it whether it's vaccuum sealed or not, and the freezing temps will cause the trichomes to separate from the flowers. Bad idea in my opinion, but it's your pot and you're free to ruin it. ;)

I would never store it in a freezer. The freezing temps and fluctuating humidity will degrade it whether it's vaccuum sealed or not, and the freezing temps will cause the trichomes to separate from the flowers. Bad idea in my opinion, but it's your pot and you're free to ruin it. ;)
Im guessing you never have stored it in the freezer .I have and vacuum packed at that ..I am not one to denounce or recommend something merely on speculation . I will say the worst thing that I had happen and it was a constant for just being vacuum sealed is some trics stuck to the bag and my bud looked liked vacuumed beef jerky ….. but when opened she smelt just as fresh as she went in and a pinner the size of a toothpick would still get two people off without an issue or even thinking about Rollin another one .

Back
Top Bottom