Just starting out need help

blinded

i have a few questions.
1.I have a plant i just planted and it hasnt sprouted yet. do i keep it under 24 hour light? or do i leave it out side?
2. i have a 3 week or so old plant and the bottom fan leave seem to be dieing or becoming very week. is that normal? if not what do i do?
3. that same plant should i keep it under 24 hour lights or 18-6. i know its a growers prefrence but what seems to work the best for you guys?

Re: Just starting out need help.

i have a few questions.
1.I have a plant i just planted and it hasnt sprouted yet. do i keep it under 24 hour light? or do i leave it out side?
24 hours would be better for it man. im not 100% but i think the sun has to much UV light for babys, unless the strains use to it of course :)

2. i have a 3 week or so old plant and the bottom fan leave seem to be dieing or becoming very week. is that normal? if not what do i do?
This is normal yes, almost with all plants. and if its maryjanes first set of circular like leaves the naturally go and so do the next ones after abit later on.

3. that same plant should i keep it under 24 hour lights or 18-6. i know its a growers prefrence but what seems to work the best for you guys?
I Personally do 18/6, then again its strain dependent. Some like there naps:D Autos have been tested under various light times and some say they do well 16/8 or 24/0. this ones a tricky one, since us growers are trying to mimic the sun doing so (not easy)
If u cant deside go 18/6 id say
:high-five:
:peace:

I'm new to this stuff my self but i have done very well three weeks seems a little young for your leaves to be dying but you did not say how big your plant was . In Hydro you plant can grow really fast in veg . A lot depends on which you grow it in . I have done hydro but now i have been doing Fox farm OC i do 18/6 but have done 24 that just depends if you want to save on electric . I like 24 but why not save a few bucks I just signed up here it is all about taking everything in here to learn off the net . LEDS is next for me .

alright thanks to both of you. i am growing mids honestly from what i know. got a few dro seeds but i want to keep this mids. i am growing with soil. is there any wto make my bud qaulity improve like smell and taste during the grow? like orange peels in the water?

I don't know what mids is i guess dro seeds are bag seeds if they are its good practice thats all mine have been will get the good ones soon sounds like you might want some nutrients . Fox farm has a good trio grow big, tiger bloom and Big bloom . It is good stuff i know it is better stuff out there but it works . I here some people swear by it . TLC also goes along way .

I don't know what mids is i guess dro seeds are bag seeds if they are its good practice thats all mine have been will get the good ones soon sounds like you might want some nutrients . Fox farm has a good trio grow big, tiger bloom and Big bloom . It is good stuff i know it is better stuff out there but it works . I here some people swear by it . TLC also goes along way .

do you think it will make a diffrence if i switch it up every couple days and give the plants 4-6 hours naps?

You give them the same amount of time for a nap every day It is 18/6 24 or i here some people do 20/4 now this is for veg . But when you go to bloom it is 12/12 or 10 light 14 dark never done that but i seen some do . What is wild you can imitate Mother nature and make them do what you want .

I'd do 18/6, I hear root growth happens the most during the dark period so it makes sense to give it a dark period rather than unending light. Each plant is different though so it's probably just a safer bet than doing 24/0 imo

Back
Top Bottom