Help

davidsmojo

My plants are canoeing under they have been on 12 / 12 for a week but some auto-flowered a week before that.I am using Humboldt organic nutes 0-6-5 and big bud 0-1-3 for 2 weeks. They are in 5 gallon pots with pro-mix and perlite. They sit near a sliding glass door which I cover with a sheer curtain when the sun is to intence the temp never goes over 85 ° with lots of air movement I only water when the top 1-2 inch's of soil is dry and pots are light ph is under 6.8 I misted with neem twice 2 weeks apart.Not all plants are affected. What could it be any advice. I don't have pics they are in the dark but will post some tomorrow.

You say they are on 12/12, but they're next to a glass door - does this let light in?

Some plants flower earlier than others. I grow outdoors and had an Afghan Kush start flowering while the days were still getting longer. Generally we think that this can't happen, but it does.

They get plenty of light.
1432310392424-1418102404.jpg
1432310392424-1418102404.jpg
1432310409640-1235510946.jpg
14323104210441451871769.jpg

I was also wondering about trimming off some of the lower branches and fan leaves at this point 1 week into 12 / 12 and 2 weeks since some auto-flowered would it hurt the yield.

When the top 1-2" of soil is dry, there's still going to be a ton of moisture inside the pot.

My suggestions:
Stop poking your finger in the dirt. This will minimize the risk of root damage.
When the top of the soil is dry, be patient, lift the pots 1-2x a day if possible to get a feel for them. Or if you have some dry medium, fill another pot like the ones you have and lift it to get an idea.

PH is also something to look at. Are you using a quality meter that has been recently calibrated?
Are you checking the PH of your water? PH of nutes after mixing? PH of runoff? Knowing the runoff will give us an idea whats going ion in the soil.

Thanks for the info I don't have a meter but I check ph before and after nutes and I know it is under 6.8. I wait till the pots are light to water but I will wait longer. The next time I water I will flush and check run off

Right off the bat I see you have no Nitrogen in your nutes or medium, perhaps they are hungry for a little N? I agree with the overwatering assessment of the other guys. Keep an eye on the ph as well. What ratio of Promix to perlite is your medium?

I used miracle gro during veg twice 1 dose was 1/4 strength the next was 1/2 strength noticed some curl and tip burn so I stopped then they auto-flowered so I switched the cycle and went to bloom nutes. Pro-mix to perlite is maybe 50/50.

If they were bagseed, they were most likely not autos. I would assume in that case that they were photo plants.

If that's the case, the flowering you saw, could have just been preflowers, or they weren't getting enough light where they were located, and started to flower on their own. Photo strains need around 18 hours of light to remain in the Vegetative state. Possibly as low as 15-16 hours? Someone more experienced can verify.

Now back to the problem:

Is it still going on?

You say your PH is under 6.8. What is the PH of water/nutes you feed? What is the PH of the runoff coming out?

Is the window/door the only source of light? What additional light sources are you using?

85 degrees might be a little warm for this strain(s). I would keep an eye on them as the soil dries out. If there's no change in the leaf curl, lowering the temp would be my next course of action, in addition to monitoring and stabilizing PH.

I had them on 24 hrs of light sunlight then t-5 over 200 watts at night they began to pre-flower so I switched the cycle and they are now forming nice buds. I don't think it's lack of light they get full sun for most of the day. I only have a pool test kit to check ph right now but I check the water before and after I add nutes the lowest it goes is 6.8 so it could be to low but I haven't checked run off. The room they are in stays at maybe 80° or lower as the day gets later it warms up but not over 80. It might be over water I noticed some powdery mold near the drain holes I'm going to let them get really dry next time.

Sunlight should really be as direct as possible. Plants behind a window will not be getting direct sunlight after a few hours.

Do you have a picture of the rest of the plant? From what I can see, they're stunted from either overwatering, PH too low, or a lack of light. Or perhaps a combination of them.

Where you see the pistils growing out of the stem, above the fan leaf petiole, you should have branches coming out. You can see the leaves there, but they're not as big as they should be.

That pool test kit won't work, you need a PH meter, ideally a digital meter that reads in .1 increments, and you'll need something that can read from 0.1 to 14. It seems like a trivial item, but somethings things happen during a grow, and you end up needing it. You can pick up a halfway decent digital meter for $8-$12 online if you shop around a bit. Avoid the multi meters that test PH,, moisture,, light, fertility, as they're not accurate and will fail when least expected. (It happened to me,, and I lost a plant because of it)

I'm growing in soil now, so when I water and feed, I use a plant specific product to correct the PH, which I always run at 6.5. I check my runoff in the beginning to make sure it's where it should be. After that I really don't check runoff unless a problem starts, there's no need to do it as most soils can keep things buffered and running smoothly.

Your plant doesn't look bad right now, but with a little advice, and some research, you can make her look 100 times better.

Enjoy the weekend bud, and if you have some time, start digging into this topic and reading it over: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

There's a ton of great info in there, you can learn everything from setting up grow rooms, learning what deficiencies look like, all the way to cloning, breeding, and other advanced topics.

Thanks for the info I am unable to put to much into right now as far as resource but I'm trying to get a hold of a meter. Some things came up with left me no choice but to skimp on this grow. Hope it turns Out ok.
1432412010440-334637703.jpg
1432411797995-1418102404.jpg
1432411691191-334637703.jpg

Back
Top Bottom