Auto Fem Northern Lights Barney's Grape. Advice For Best Possible Grow

steveboss94

Hey i have just purchased some auto fem seeds, northern lights and barneys grape just wanted some advice/info?
Best lighting schedule,6500k for whole grow or switch t0 2700k for flowering when to start fertilizing,Soil; fertilizer enriched or plain potting mix and any other advice to get the best possible outcome. i only have limited seeds so need to get right the first time.
soil31.jpg
20150518_170440.jpg
. the top picture is of the blood and bone enriched soil and the other is the setup i will be using also going to add more cfls if neccesary i will only be growing two plants at a time TIA

Generally most people don't top autos, but it can be done.

I had some NL autos last grow and they burnt very easily (pretty sure from N). I'd be careful with the nutes. I did read somewhere that some people don't give any veg nutrients, just go straight to flowering 4-5 weeks in.

With 1 chance to get it right, this will have all the information you need: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

You'll need a good PH meter, I'd suggest better nutrients as well, you're not growing Tomatoes or Vegetables.

I would ditch the foil, that can create hotspots and burn your plants.

For Autos I'd run 18/6 or 20/4 the whole grow, your choice.

A mix of 6500K and 2700K bulbs would do you just fine (Example 3 of each bulb, 6 total)

And a 40x-60x magnifier or scope to harvest correctly, according to trichome color.

I see at least 4 pots, how many did you plant?? With more plants running, you're going to need a lot more light, or be satisfied with less than optimum results from multiple plants.

Dive in head first and read here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

The B bulb is for aquariums that have photosynthetic corals. May/may not work effectively for Cannabis.. Not sure on that.

6500K is the most common color temp for Veg, and 2700K for flower. If this were my setup, I would buy a couple of each, and run 2 6500K and 1 2700K during Veg, and 2 2700K and 1 6500K during flower.

I would use the CFLs as supplemental lighting on the top/side angle, and would top the plants, and LST them to grow flat.

But if you have a ton of CFLs/fixtures, I would switch it up, and use the CFLs for overhead lighting, and the tubes for my sides.

How much lighting do you have that you can use right now?

Back
Top Bottom