Really Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you growing in soil? I typically water with nutes approximately once a week. You won't overwater as long as you wait until the soil is dry before watering again. For me this is typically every 3 to 4 days. Overwatering certainly can cause slowed growth and thus diminish your final yield.

Are you growing in soil? I typically water with nutes approximately once a week. You won't overwater as long as you wait until the soil is dry before watering again. For me this is typically every 3 to 4 days. Overwatering certainly can cause slowed growth and thus diminish your final yield.
yes soil. I have 2 plants in 3 gallon containers. I ph water or feed nutes alternately once a day, normally at night b4 lights go out, and i give them 1 quart each. it seems every night they are ready for more. I thought because of the 3 gal pots I would be able to wait a few days to water or feed but thats not the case. My question shuld have been since I water or feed everyday is it too much watering as oppose to nutes for 3 days or 4 days then water once and go back to feeding. thx GreenCaper

I think watering everyday is your problem, my plants are in 1 gallon pots and I can go almost a week without watering them. And 1 quart of water for a three gallon pot is not enough in my opinion. When I water I basically soak the soil, and then I wait for the soil to dry out and it usually takes at least a few days if not more.

Water less frequently and water when the lights come on instead of when they go out. You'll want to apply enough water that you'll have runoff out the bottom of the pot. When you water every day the roots get deprived of oxygen and growth is effected. Resist the urge and water every other day at most. Possibly even every 3 days. Get a feel for what the pots weigh when the soil is dry, that's when you'll know when the plant needs water.

I think watering everyday is your problem, my plants are in 1 gallon pots and I can go almost a week without watering them. And 1 quart of water for a three gallon pot is not enough in my opinion. When I water I basically soak the soil, and then I wait for the soil to dry out and it usually takes at least a few days if not more.
Its not that i'm having any problems (at least not to the naked eye) i was just wondering if when I feed if I should feed just nutes. Every other watering was to keep nutes from burning plants if nutes were too strong. And those quarts of water work because I never let them dry out too long I believe. I did the weigh the pot thing and I let one dry too much so after that I became overcautious:Namaste:

I thought watering at night was a good thing because they do most of the growing during dark hours.I do get the runoff because in the morning there is the dry stain or the last of the runoff sucking back up. So far i've been feeding and watering this way since the tranplant into 3 gal pots and have had no adverse effects. The plants are healthy and they are in 7th wk of bloom. I will try to resist but these arent bagseed they are primo-alcapulco gold, hawiian mowie wowie. I cant lose these, this is my first time with primo seeds lol. What would happen if I only gave it nutes and did it like you said with the less feeding?

They use much more water during the day.

Nutes are usually fed mixed in water. Usually once a week.

No adverse affects that you know of, but the plant could have stunted growth.

I only grow "primo" seeds, and clones that I take. I water just as described.

Nutes are mixed with water. PH down to 6.5. Water until slight runoff.

Then no water/nutes for about 6 days for me. Your plant might take longer to use the water/have the water evaporate.

The reason I started the everyday thing was because I was letting them dry but they started drooping and the pots were still heavy as if there was still alot of water so instead of letting them dry I would give them a quart of water or nutes every night and so far so good. I just cant find anyone who is willing to say " hey it's ok to give them just nutes and water when ur ready to flush" lol. thx Antics

I'm sry Antics let me clarify when I say feed nutes i mean feed normally not nutes raw w/o water.1 day its nutes the next day its ph water. my ph is 6.0 which I hope is the sweet spot. And no stunted growth actually growing beautifully. As a matter of fact my 3 by 3 tent is pissing me off cause the damn acapulco gold plant is taking over the whole tent. And the 6.0 refers to water and nutes.

They use much more water during the day.

Antic do u think that because I water at night and during the day when they use up more water it's forcing the good stuff to go to the plants sooner and I do believe they are taking longer to use up the water also. Maybe thats what it is. Like I said in previous post the top soil is dry and the plants started drooping yet the damn pot was still heavy.

For soil you want 6.5
For hydro/soilless 5.8

Sorry bud, if you want someone to tell you the wrong thing,, you're asking on the wrong forum.

Cannabis benefits from a flood/dry watering system. This has been stated by multiple growers with decades of experience.

Your plant is feeding at the top 2" of soil because you didn't allow the roots to grow from always giving them water.

No idea what the last question is, but water in the morning when lights come on is best.

I'm gonna post pics and everybody can critique for themselves:smokin:

These pics are to show even tho I might be doing some things wrong I must be doing something right
75611.jpg
75601.jpg
75591.jpg
75561.jpg
75461.jpg
75451.jpg
75521.jpg
gold back, maui front
75341.jpg
75371.jpg
75381.jpg
75391.jpg
75431.jpg
last 6 critical dwarf
75181.jpg
75171.jpg
75161.jpg
75361.jpg
75431.jpg
all I wanted to know was whether I should be feeding more nutes than equal parts water. Ps. I accidently put 2 seeds together in 1 pot, the hawaiian maui wowie and critical mass hence the fat cola at the bottom of the front plant.

Do you want good advice or do you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear? :hmmmm:

Nutes no more frequently than once a week. Add them to your water and water as usual. Let the medium dry out thoroughly before watering again.

You have some heat stress issues happening there as well. Reduce your temp and maybe raise the light(s) if necessary.

Well tonight starts wk 7 so no water tonight and in the morning i'll water and let it dry more. If I've "trained" them to grow no longer than the first 2 to 3 inches from top will letting them dry more induce the roots to stretch or is it too late for that to happen?

No water tonight and watering in the morning is following the same cycle.

You should really spend some time reading this: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
It will help your grows tremendously.

And since it appears that you just want us to tell you what you WANT to hear, and not what you NEED to hear, since Green, and myself have both informed you of the correct watering method, and you ignore it, followed by tooting your own horn with plant pictures, expecting to be praised, I'm done with this topic.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom