Week 4 Flowering Help

growitsfun

Can someone please tell me is this hermie? Never seen posts of hermie with hairs coming out. Also should I remove this cluster from the plant?
CAM006934.jpg
CAM006913.jpg

Re: Week 4 flowering help.

My friend I hate to say it but it might be a Hermie... Those are sacks with white hairs. I'm sorry my friend. I know the pain I had 8 plants growing and when I got to flowering two of them were males... It was a bad day for me... Hopefully she's not your only one.

You can still grow it.

You can remove the pollen sacs (The things with white/brown hairs you want to keep)

But If you miss any pollen sacs, you'll risk fertilizing all the plants in the area. So there's a risk here to consider before making your decision.

OK that's What I've been doing.I check it on a daily. I have 3 more going (female) but as long as I'm on top of the sacks on that one I should be OK then?

OK that's What I've been doing.I check it on a daily. I have 3 more going (female) but as long as I'm on top of the sacks on that one I should be OK then?

If you get all the pollen sacs before they burst, you'll be ok.

But if you miss just 1 pollen sac, it can lead to fertilizing your entire grow. It's a slippery slope because missing 1 can cause a lot of hassle with seeds.

This is a process that will be ongoing, each day you'll need to look over the entire plant and remove pollen sacs.
At the same time, I would suggest looking over all your other plants too. Usually light leaks are the biggest cause of a hermy, and if you got one, there could be a chance of getting another.

And of course, in that same breath, I would suggest making sure that absolutely no light can get into your grow area when it's supposed to be dark.

If you miss even one, then you risk pollination when it drops, and with fans, even one ball surviving to drop can mess sh&t up. Just Saying.

Sorry mate it's a hermie get it out before too late only 1 or 2 flowers needed to pollinate unless seperated as I have just recently experienced this setback myself best of luck
IMG_69105.JPG
IMG_69115.JPG
IMG_69125.JPG
IMG_69135.JPG

You're talking about Rodelization, in which case you may actually be passing on stronger Herm genetics to the plant. Usually this is the case with plants that are nearing the mid-end of their life cycle and determine they are not pollinated, so they herm on you. It is a crapshoot to hope for all feminized seeds from a herm, more likely you are passing the genetics through....There is a good piece that looks at Feminization from a couple of perspectives, including colloidal silver...Personally, we work from seeds only when breeding and going for a new strain in the line-up or cross breeding...from the chosen we take mothers, clones, etc...

Back
Top Bottom