Seedling Leaves Twisting. Help ASAP

InNeedOfHelp

Ive have a 1 week old seedling, beilive its banana kush, i water it every 2 to 3 days but moisten the top quite frequently, maybe once or twice a day, once in morning once at night with a spray bottle. Im currently using a cfl that puts off around 900 lumens. Its on 18/6 light cycle. I noticed a couple days ago the first two fan leaves started to kind of twist on half the leaf. Not knowing exactly what was happening, i decided to let it go for a little to see if the problem fixed itself. Ive been watching it carefully and checking often and only noticed its getting worse. I dont know whats going on or how to fix it so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

What median are you in? I know fungus gnat larvae will nibble on roots causing leaves to twist! Also what tempetaure is it there?

Im using a regular potting soil that i picked up from the local super market, it is supposed to feed for 4 months, and im not sure about the temp, but i would say room temperature, around 70-80f°

I would ditch the super market soil! It has poor drainage along with way more nutes than a seedling can handle! I use promix hp with worm castings and ancient forest hummus!

My mix is:

1gallon of promix to 2 cups of worm castings and 2 cups of ancient forest!

Also test the water ph and soil ph!!
5.8-6.2 seems to do really well in promix! Make sure your pots have good drainage! Also mid 70's to low 80's aren't very good for a seedling they like to be around 65-70! It's a little bit colder in the start of spring! I try to give my plants real conditions of the good ol out doors! Also you may want to Check fox farms light warrior and happy frog as a 50/50 mix! I hear it works real well. Also do you have a dome over your seedlings?

The soil has good drainage, but i think your right about the nutes, i read somewhere that overfeeding can cause the leaves to twist, but i wasnt certain which is why im here. I was originally going to use promix, but i dont know where to get any. The temp is probably mid 70s, but i have a small fan blowing around the seedling for air circulation, do you think that light breeze is enough to lower the temp? And no, i do not have a dome, should i use one?

Well you want the seedling to have about 80% humidity. You can use a rubber band and a clear bag to make a dome! Most times homedepot or Lowes has promix hp! The fan will Def help with the temp by moving the air around the room! They put time release nutrients in the soil you have but at your stage it should have very very low amounts of nutes! Mostly nitrogen is needed at this point!

Oh okay. It looks very very healthy, i just am worried about the twisting in the leaves, so do you think its a ph problem or something else?

I would definitely check your ph should be 5.8 to 6.5 would be ideal. I'm still a Bit concerned about the potting soil mix though most grow store soil only last 4 weeks!

Ill look into that quick and see if they have promix at the homedepot near me. And i just put a bag over my plant and put the lights out. Ill check up in the morning and let you know if there is any major changes. Other than that thank you so much for your help and advice, ill definitely take everything into consideration.

I would definitely check your ph should be 5.8 to 6.5 would be ideal. I'm still a Bit concerned about the potting soil mix though most grow store soil only last 4 weeks!

5.8 is way too low for soil! Aim for between 6.4 and 6.9, with 6.5 being ideal. At 5.8 your plants may stop growing. Cannabis thrives in a slightly acidic medium, with an strong emphasis on 'slightly'.

Unfortunately, the home depot near me does not have pro mix so i guess ill just have to stick with what i got. I read that overfeeding causes twisting so in despair i just ran some water through the pot for a couple seconds to try and flush it of any realeased nutes, and turns out the twisting stopped, and new growth is coming in quite rapidly. Im still going to keep my eye out for the promix but other than that i think i got it under control at the moment. But thanks guys anyway, and happy smoking!!

Back
Top Bottom