Dying Plant

Nguyen

Hello all
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with 1 of my plants? They are both in the same soil and in the same place. I can't figure out what the problem is. Btw I'm kinda new to this as you can see
image26056.jpg
image26055.jpg

i have had some plants grow some messed up leaves before. If both plants have the same conditions, and it stays green, just leave it. it will grow just not as strong and vigorous as the other. the other one looks A+

A few questions what light are they getting and what brand of soil?

They are on a window ledge getting a nice bit of sun through out the day. I put them outside for a couple of hours each day so they can get used to the outdoors. I'm planning on letting them grow outside. I'm not to sure about the soil I think it's just a cheap one.

Do you know if the soil has any nutrients or "time-release nutrients" in it? That may be your issue, as your seedlings don't need anything for the first few weeks. It could just be that one couldn't handle it as well as the other. I've also had a seedling that had odd issues like this, and I had to discontinue nutrients and flush until it sort of caught up with the others. It could also be a pH issue!

There are no signs of nute burn, jojo677. pH is a possibility though.

What type of wind is the plant exposed to outside? I sometimes see this on my plants when the fan is blowing too hard in a particular area. Are we able to rule this out?

Check your pH, that's certainly a likely culprit. It could be related to phosphorus or boron, which may simply be a symptom of a pH issue. I'd start by testing the pH of your runoff water; it's likely outside the optimum range.

Check your pH, that's certainly a likely culprit. It could be related to phosphorus or boron, which may simply be a symptom of a pH issue. I'd start by testing the pH of your runoff water; it's likely outside the optimum range.

What is it meant to be on the PH meter?

Back
Top Bottom