Hydro setup in home closet - advice

Bama

Hey all, Ive been a closet follower of the site for a while now. Im ready to jump in and get to growing. First hydro setup coming over the next two months. Id appreciate any and all feedback.
My closet is 5'2"w x 2'4"d x 8'h. I plan on having a top feed dripper, dwc, with a aerator mister in it. Two chambers one on bottom with two 15gal totes with a 10gal nute res for flowering. On the upper level I want my veg and clone set up. Im thinking about a air cooled 1000 watt hps, one 4' two bulb t5 ho on the back wall and two 2' two bulb t5 on the side walls. I believe a 2' four t5 bulb for the veggie/ clone area. My exhaust ventilation will blow into the attic while my in take will come out of my ac unit closet next to my ac lines. My grow medium will be rockwool cubes 4" with clay pellets around it. A clone tray to keep the babies coming once i start out with seeds. I will have
five critical kush
100% Feminized Seeds
25% THC - Wow!
Up to 750 gr/m2
Indica Dominant
2.1% CBD - 8 Weeks

five super iced grapefruits
Feminised Seeds
High 22% THC Rating
650 gm/m2 Dry Yields
Short, 8-Week Finish
. Four of each will be flowered and two kept in veg for mommas. I haven't designed the closet exactly yet but the plans are in the works as I type. I want high yields of top shelf meds. Do you all think my lighting will be enough for high yields in the flowering box? Will the 2' ho t5 be enough light for my veg and clones?

I'm thinking my setup my be to big to goin my closet space. I may try to setup in my attic insulate the box and run a duct in from my central house unit. What do you think about the light setup first?

Thanks Rillos. I hope to keep the temp in the box at room temp and maybe add a chiller to my res. Are you growing in a single bucket or multi bucket setup? How many plants? What wattage of lights and type?

i swear by TOP FEED dwc, i get (i shit you not) 20% faster growth rates than dwc alone with clones of the same genetics.
run a small fan at pot level and you will have 0% mold around stem base

Ive heard nothing but good about the dwc with top feed. Yea I know the growth rate was higher. 20% is dam good. Do you have around the stocks covered or open? I read covering them keeps light out which will help keep algae from growing. Tell me about your dwc setup. Res, gals, # of plants, light etc. I appreciate the pointers!!!

I got 2 tents the bigger is 600w HPS aircooled hood, the other is 400w HPS aircooled hood. Started with 5 gal buckets. I found growing in a 15-18 gallon tube using a SCROG and 2-3 plants will make use of all that I can give.

How much room do you have in your flowering tent? I was looking at doing 4 or 5 plants in the same size tote.

What do y'all think of my light setup? Im wanting to keep my girls bushy so I figured the t5's around the sides woult give them the light under the canopy.

hey mate my set up as follows:
600 watt hps lamp
1.2x1.2x2.0 meter tent
50 litre reservoir
2x 8 inch net pots
38 l/min air pump
1 meter water pump"output height"
bathroom exhaust fan
4 inch intake and several mini fans accomodating circulation
top feed is costantly runnung ,pots uncovered
dutchmaster gold a+b,proganics root control,monsta bud and ozi gro juice
18/6 veg 12/12 flower
you will have to be careful with a 1000 watt light in that growspace "heat"
i would suggest side lighting not needed in that space and would only add to "heat"
(cool tubes asside)

currently growing nirvana northern lights and snow white by spliff
about to replicate grow tent this weekend with a 1.45 meter x 2 meter model for moneymaker and damnesia:)

hey mate my set up as follows:
600 watt hps lamp
1.2x1.2x2.0 meter tent
50 litre reservoir
2x 8 inch net pots
38 l/min air pump
1 meter water pump"output height"
bathroom exhaust fan
4 inch intake and several mini fans accomodating circulation
top feed is costantly runnung ,pots uncovered
dutchmaster gold a+b,proganics root control,monsta bud and ozi gro juice
18/6 veg 12/12 flower
you will have to be careful with a 1000 watt light in that growspace "heat"
i would suggest side lighting not needed in that space and would only add to "heat"
(cool tubes asside)

Nice site up man. Im now considering the kind led in replacement of the 1000 watt hps and still adding the side light. Still running fans with a fresh air intake from my hvac unit.

currently growing nirvana northern lights and snow white by spliff
about to replicate grow tent this weekend with a 1.45 meter x 2 meter model for moneymaker and damnesia:)

Sweet. Do you have any pics of your girls? What have you heard about led's?

Sweet. Do you have any pics of your girls? What have you heard about led's?

no pics mate my mrs would kill me,still not legal here :/
dont know much about led lights mate , they intrigue me but my local hyrdo expert wouldnt piss on them lol

A word to the wise on LEDs - they run 'cooler', but not cool... I have a MarsHydro 300w old style going in my 2x2x4 tent and the heat when I first started it was surprising. Temps were in the 88-91f range. But was able to get them stabilized at a constant 78-80f range by adding a 4" inline fan and a 6" oscillating fan.

Back
Top Bottom