Earlier harvest?

solareclipse

hi...is it possible a an auto strain to be ready for harvest 2 -3 weeks earlier?i never count the days excactly...i always use a magnifie to indentify when to harvest..i have a 60x one....from this 20 cm whole plant one bud whole plant...i believe mature 2-3 weeks earlier.?is that possible or somehing else make th trichomes look like this...like-(stress-or root lock-or small pot -very small pot.)what do u think?someeone to explain me please...thank u:thumb:

What do the hairs and trichs look like?

i did read about harvest with magnified....first i saw the kind of flowers at the top of the bud...all hairs left was redish..when is see with magnified 60x i saw trichomes maybe 30% dark-red head(mushroom head)-(hut) rest of the was milky was tall enouph and very very litle was turning to milky...it was yet like clear...i hope u understand i speak not good english...thanks for reply!!!

i tried to make a photo from magnified staff but i couldnt get it clear,,,sorry no magnified glass ...it is a small microscope....

You can't tell on autos when they are finished by trichomes, some autos... Best way is to check maturity on leaves.
QUOTE:

One of the most frequently asked questions is how do I know when my autos are ready to pick? The convention wisdom from growing photo period plants was to watch for color change in the trichomes, or crystals. For an uplifting high, harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy, for more of a stone, wait till a percentage have turned amber. Sound advice, for photos. But autos are a little different. While some strains have shown amber trics, many do not.

So how do I know when they are ready? I watch the the fan leaves. Over the past several years of growing autos I started taking samples at various stages of growth to evaluate the high. I tend to prefer my smoke with a little stone so began to leave them longer than the 8-9 weeks that are advertised. I find that around 11-12 weeks the plants are ripe for me. I also began to see a correlation between the color of the fan leaves, the color of the trics and the high/stone quality of the smoke at the various sample intervals. It seemed that the greener the fan leaves, the more clear trics the buds had. As the fan leaves started to yellow and die off, the trics became less clear and more milky. By the time that all the fan leaves had died off and the bud leaves were starting to yellow, I got the quality of smoke I wanted. At that time most of the trics were now milky with no, or only a few, clear ones.

I've found this to be a very reliable method. It takes about 3 weeks for the fan leaves to die off. During that time the buds will continue to fatten up as the plant uses the energy stored in the fan leaves. So when I see my leaves start to yellow, I wait a week, then begin cleansing them. Two weeks later they will be well cleansed and read to harvest.

Of course there will be other factors such as genetics, lighting, nutrients, pot size, etc. that will effect how long a plant takes. But as a general guide for when to pick, just watch your leaves.

any hermies / nanners

no....it is feminised seeds big budhha cheese....notat all any signs of hermie or any seeds on....stigmas was brown..tottaly dry..i smoke some...i really like it....if i smoke it while i am doing hings....i keep going ..and if i smoke it when i am to bed watching tv...it is relax me...i love this kind of stoned

You can't tell on autos when they are finished by trichomes, some autos... Best way is to check maturity on leaves.
QUOTE:

One of the most frequently asked questions is how do I know when my autos are ready to pick? The convention wisdom from growing photo period plants was to watch for color change in the trichomes, or crystals. For an uplifting high, harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy, for more of a stone, wait till a percentage have turned amber. Sound advice, for photos. But autos are a little different. While some strains have shown amber trics, many do not.

So how do I know when they are ready? I watch the the fan leaves. Over the past several years of growing autos I started taking samples at various stages of growth to evaluate the high. I tend to prefer my smoke with a little stone so began to leave them longer than the 8-9 weeks that are advertised. I find that around 11-12 weeks the plants are ripe for me. I also began to see a correlation between the color of the fan leaves, the color of the trics and the high/stone quality of the smoke at the various sample intervals. It seemed that the greener the fan leaves, the more clear trics the buds had. As the fan leaves started to yellow and die off, the trics became less clear and more milky. By the time that all the fan leaves had died off and the bud leaves were starting to yellow, I got the quality of smoke I wanted. At that time most of the trics were now milky with no, or only a few, clear ones.

I've found this to be a very reliable method. It takes about 3 weeks for the fan leaves to die off. During that time the buds will continue to fatten up as the plant uses the energy stored in the fan leaves. So when I see my leaves start to yellow, I wait a week, then begin cleansing them. Two weeks later they will be well cleansed and read to harvest.

Of course there will be other factors such as genetics, lighting, nutrients, pot size, etc. that will effect how long a plant takes. But as a general guide for when to pick, just watch your leaves.

thank u for this info...i want to sayi already harvest this but i have 6 more diferenr size to grow...my fan leaves was green ...tottally healthy green...i know this is mistake...but i smoke this without properly curing and drying and it is very nice smoke...really nice smoke...the others i have i will leave it till fan leaves have no more N....thank u...i appriciate ...!!!!

In the end, it is YOUR grow and how you manage it is an entirely personal thing. ;-) No right or wrong here.

yes but it is ok to know more things about harvest...what i like is when trichomes r cloydy to harvest...i dont like when too many amber...anyway i will upload some fots now...

big_budha_cheese7.jpg
big_budha_cheese5.jpg
big_budha_cheese4.jpg
big_budha_cheese3.jpg
big_budha_cheese2.jpg
big_budha_cheese.jpg

this is almost same time with the other ...but i see differnces...those buds r harder...also trichomes is still clear,maybe 30-40 % cloudy...do u believe \its time stop feeding and flush it for a couple of weeks?is it gonne getting fater?ver small pot if u see...i dont know gallons or liters of pots..i cant recognize them...

i saw something strange today...isaw some seeds small ones in the 2 lowest branches...?????how's that possible?no male plants i grow?i can see it happens those days coz it is the lowest branches...and i never see that before?can heat streess do that?or any kind of stress?unbelievable!!!!

your plants dont need males , if they stress they can self pollinate , once you said the hairs went dark its normally the first cause , the pistols retract into the bud to make seeds, its a survival instinct. the seeds might all be female but they might do same thing and hermie also

your plants dont need males , if they stress they can self pollinate , once you said the hairs went dark its normally the first cause , the pistols retract into the bud to make seeds, its a survival instinct. the seeds might all be female but they might do same thing and hermie also

thanks for reply....i did stress it....i took it from outdoor and put it indoor for the end-to finish and there was too much heat....i just see only the lower branches and lower nodes of branches start to make seeds...do u think to harvest before get it all seeds?or just leave it... the smoke i always like is when trichomes r cloydy,sometimes very little amber but most cloudy trichomes..this the kind of stone\d i like...in magnified 100x not 60x i said i see maybe 80% cloydy some of them amber and about 20% clear...do u believe its time to harvest?
thanks..appriciate

its hard to tell how much ist been pollinated , if you see the hairs on a lot of bud sites chage colour then chop it, but check all plants to make sure there are no hermies or little nanners

yes i will do that ..i will check out the others /but i believe is coz of the heating....i think i will keep it till soil dries then one whole day tottaly dark and then i will harvest the main colas and leave only the parts with seeds to produce some seeds also...maybe they will be female...who knows....thank u very very much....be well my friend!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom