Water Preparation and Storage

gaggrouper

Hello, I am a new grower with a couple 9 day old autos.

I have half of a 5 gallon bucket of water left and every two days when I check the acidity it goes up to 6.6 from 5.8. I was using tap water and filling up a 5 gallon bucket then leaving the lid off for a day to remove any chlorine(read this somewhere) then just reusing that water over and over, but the ph keeps going up around 6.6 each time I check.

Questions:
1) Should I not store the water and just dump some store bought/low ppm water as needed and use ph down on it to reach 5.8 then water my plants?

2) Also, how often do you all calibrate your ph meter? I don't have enough solution to check it every time I water.

Thanks.

I leave plain tap water for at least 2 days to let it release any gasses in the water (i.e. chlorine).
When I want to feed, I take some of my aged water out of my 5gal bucket (usually a 1 gal milk jug) and add my nutrients. I test my nutrient level with my ppm pen.
After I have the desired ppm, I test and adjust ph.
I calibrate my ph pen on the 1st of every month.

hello there!
I run my system kinda the same way! PLEASE BY ALL MEANS reuse as much water as possible! you will probably have to re ph the water each time. I run a hydro system and leave my ph at 5.8. over the week it raises about to 6.6 but my plants havent seemed to mind. If your plants are in soil i would ph to 6.5. Also i would get some 7.0 ph solution at test as often as possible. i check the ph of my tap water so i know its 7.7 if my meter is any different then that ill calibrate. and 1 more thing! depending on your nutes the can raise or lower the ph and also cause it to be unstable! hope this helps!!

happy growing

Back
Top Bottom