How Long Til A Bud Forms After Putting It Into The Flowering Stage?

Rockskipper

The plants are about 5' tall and have been in 12/12 for 14 days.

No signs of balls, but no white hairs coming out of the plants either.

Lots of thornes coming out from the stalk between the leaves but ????????

I would have posted pictures but it was a pretty nasty day today. ( outside greenhouse. ) ( The sun is out now but they are covered up)

Just wondering if I need to do something differant?

Usually at 14 days you should see some type of flower pistils, some strains could take longer than others, mine are indoors @ 14 days have flowers developing. Total darkness will really help as well.:peace:

I would have posted pictures but it was a pretty nasty day today. ( outside greenhouse. ) ( The sun is out now but they are covered up)

How well are they covered up? Light dep can be a challenge if you don't keep enough light out.

If you are in my neck of the woods, then the days are still too long to induce flowering outdoors in a greenhouse. Nature is probably overpowering your lighting system. (You can't fool Mother nature!)

As Iwitfum said, you'll need to chase down where natural light is coming in, or just wait till September equinox, when we naturally enter 12/12 and shorter. I hope your greenhouse is heated, if you're going to continue outside.

Another factor is the strain and the age of your plants. If they are not mature, or not clones from a mature plant, you need to wait till they are darn good and ready to flower. I had OG Kush start to flower under 16/8 simply because they were mature, and were NOT going to wait till I decided when to switch to 12/12! (So much for a gradual harvest! LOL)

Yea I'm in the interior, Glad to see you on here AKgramma.

The greenhouse gets covered with a black tarp and a brown one on top of that and its pretty dark in there, ( have roll-ups on the sides for the day time ) Think I'm going to put another black one on top of those just for G.P., lol ( its been on a 8:00 am--8:00 pm on the dot for 14 days ) Growing in Alaska is a differant ball of wax with the daylight and the temp. swings. By the time you get to 12/12 naturaly its frezzing at night.

This is going to be picture heavy but any info would be helpful if you see iany signs of a male plant, thanks.

040143.JPG

039160.JPG

035187.JPG

034189.JPG

032212.JPG

029265.JPG

024339.JPG

021448.JPG

020471.JPG

017610.JPG

039160.JPG

0111075.JPG

0071657.JPG

That last picture was them about 10 days ago.

The strain is supposed to be big bud, bought it because its supposed to grow good in the arctic.

These broke soil on april 16 and moved outside may 1rst.

Those are actully more of them leaves coming out, lol, can't figure them out. No white hairs anywhere.

( Can't really isolate it at the moment but will keep a close eye open. thanks )

Here is my crude GH. ( cost me about a total of $75.00 using the stuff I had laying around )

Just covered them up for the night.

05670.JPG

05768.JPG

05864.JPG

05960.JPG

06171.JPG

Its not fancy but it works, lol.

Well you were right AKgramma, that guy did turn out to be male. Still have the other one going and looking good so far. ( We'll see.)

016681.JPG

013893.JPG

They have been split up for for 4 days now, ( I don't know why I'm keeping him alive, lot of time invested I guess.)

Anyway this is 21 days and it seems like the girl is having a hard time. ( The weather has'nt been good, but is supposed to be nice for the next week.)

Anything I can do? (These were planted on the same day and went through the same cycle growing up)

If the top pic is supposed to be your Lady, keep a close eye out. I don't see any hairs yet, and I can't make out the buds at the top to tell if they are veg or male pods. If she's just resting through a hot spell, give her time and plenty of water and she'll perk up.

You can do a number of things with the male, if you have the time to harvest the pollen. Most important thing is to wash your hands, brush your hair and change clothes after harvesting the pollen before you visit your lady. It only takes a tiny bit of pollen to ruin your bud crop.

I have been waiting a month for my 1st Lady's trichs to turn amber. Most of her hairs are amber, but when I take a digital pic of her, lots of young white hairs show up and definitely a lot of clear trics. I'm in day 130 from seed and 84 days into flower! She's showing her sativa traits, I'm afraid..... :-(

Back
Top Bottom