curiousgrow

NEEd them to start flowering, and just advice on what to do now, indica, been growing about a month and 1 week, gets nutrients every two weeks

IMG_069742.jpg
IMG_069635.jpg
IMG_069530.jpg
IMG_069235.jpg
IMG_069325.jpg
IMG_069431.jpg

If you want it to be bushier with more growing tips for colas, pinch the top now. If you want to let her do her thing, don't pinch.

I would not put it to flower until it starts showing white hairs. You want her to mature a bit first. 5 weeks is a bit early. However, if there is some reason why you need to flower her early, then expect a smaller crop.

do u know a good place or link that shows pinching exactly, or do u have any more tips??

trying to make this top shelf stuff

do u know a good place or link that shows pinching exactly, or do u have any more tips??

trying to make this top shelf stuff

There is even a comparison between topping and lst (low stress training). Lots of good material.

thank you, any change u have knowledge on when i start giving the plant phosphorus if I'm gonna put it in darkness for 2 days? do i do it before i do that? during? after?

If growing out doors its done by natural change of sun light hours through out the season.

Indoor growing we force flower by changing the lighting regime to 12/12 that is 12 hours of light / 12 hours of dark.

This can be done with out door plants, but it means a daily routine of placing plants in a dark place for the next couple of months or so... normally to avoid bud rot issue's with rising humidity in the autumn months as to finish flowering quickly !

But may depend on what part of world ya from ?

thanks akgramma for helping, same fuzzy duck. I'm in northern california right now. the plant gets sunlight from 9 to 4 everyday and then the sun is blocked because of where i have to keep the plant. I don't have good options.

I foliar feeded the plant this morning at 11 when it was around 70 degrees out because iv been reading its good for the plant to at least once gets nutrients to its leaves. Ill take some more pictures of it this afternoon. Im using this nutrient formula called dr earth, its a nitrogen feeder.

thanks! good advice. today it was 90 degrees where i am in northern california, the next two days its gonna be 93, will the plant be good in that heat? i made a good effort today to mist the plant with a nice mister 4 or 5 times.

Since I'm doing an indoor grow in the sub arctic, I let my ladies show hairs before putting them to flower. This took longer, but the plants were mature enough to handle flowering. Their clones, however, matured a lot faster, while they were still small, but I'm going to wait till they are much bigger before switching to 12/12.

You need to provide some shade for your lady if the temp is going to be in the 90's! Since she is in a pot, move it to a north corner or mostly-shady part of the deck. Even shaded, the sun's full spectrum will get to her. Maturation processes slow down a whole lot if the plant is over-heated, plus some of your leaves will turn brown. Not a pretty sight, but not fatal. It just slows things up.

thats good to know, thank you. do u have any advice on if i should put the plant in complete darkness for a day or two to start the flowering process?

The question has been debated pro and con on this site. I never have. Why cut off the photosynthesis, by which the lady creates nutrients? With or without a dark period, it will still take time for her to switch gears from growing more leaves to growing flower buds. She isn't a lightbulb that you can switch on and off. She's a living, breathing life form.

Bottom line, it won't really hurt anything if you do or don't. It's your call.

PS: I just realized this sounded a bit harsh. I apologize. That was not my intent.

wow that was very smart, I'm gonna not do the dark period. so i need help with figuring out how to take her indoors to flower though, so i figured out i need to use high sodium lights, i bought a 50 watt one, i tried to plug it into the lights in the room its gonna flower and it didn't work, so i guess that means i need to get a lamp? and i also read it needs to be kept close to the top and u keep adjusting it as the plant grows? and then i bought a fan to keep in the room. should the fan spray towards the plant? i feel like it should just spray away and keep the circulation good. advice?

that was very smart. so i bought a 50 watt normal colored high sodium light since those are good for flowering. is it true certain colored lights will help to flower better? will 50 watt be enough for one plant? i read like red and orange. might be boleshit. haven't really looked it up well. then i bought a fan to keep good circulation going. WAT ELSE? I'm not gonna do the dark period unless some pro dark people can explain the benefits?

wow that was very smart, I'm gonna not do the dark period. so i need help with figuring out how to take her indoors to flower though, so i figured out i need to use high sodium lights, i bought a 50 watt one, i tried to plug it into the lights in the room its gonna flower and it didn't work, so i guess that means i need to get a lamp? and i also read it needs to be kept close to the top and u keep adjusting it as the plant grows? and then i bought a fan to keep in the room. should the fan spray towards the plant? i feel like it should just spray away and keep the circulation good. advice?

If you go with High Sodium, you are going to have a real heat problem. Although 23 Watt cfl's seem low tech and might not have the massive output the big bulbs have, they ARE cheap, and they don't give off tremendous amounts of heat. Plus, you get more consistent coverage with a number of smaller bulbs than you do one big one.

Yes, your lights need to be adjustable. :)

Your fan should blow across the leaves to prevent mold and to keep hot spots from forming in the tent. It doesn't have to be a hurricane, just enough to rustle the leaves.

good info, do you know how much watts exactly the plant is going to need? I'm very confused with this part. I bought a 50 watt high sodium pressure, i forget if thats the actually name but i got the right one that everyone uses for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom