All plants are not the same?

pete2

I have 4 plants. 2 of them are about 12" and the next in line is about 8" and the little one is 6".The 6" one was started about 10 days later than the others.[ 1 died ] The height right now is after I did HST to them yesterday.What I want to know is ,Should I leave them alone or should I adjust them to all being the same height. As always I do appreciate it.:thanks::thumb::thanks:

It's just my first grow, but from all the research I've done it seems to always be better to grow plants at an even height. I topped my plants around 8" and then started training them at 12". They're all bent down below 10" now and after being that way for a couple weeks, all the nodes on those branches have grown up and filled in the canopy. This helps control the height and maximize your horizontal space. I've also read that the lowest nodes usually don't catch up to the canopy and just produce light, fluffy buds. I'd rather have my bud production focused into the main colas so I've been plucking off the lowest, weakest nodes to conserve energy.

I'm not sure what you should do in your situation though. Training adds time to your grow and you might have to really stress out the ones that are further ahead to get things even. Like you said, not all plants are the same and some strains will just be twice as tall as others whether you train them or not. But if time isn't an issue, I'd get them as level as possible to maximize your light. The short plants won't be too happy if you have to keep your light 2 feet above the tallest ones. Your 6" gap doesn't sound too bad though.

Back
Top Bottom