Can you check if my scrog setup is okay?

kimchikush

Im not that handy so please excuse my sloppy net

Plants are 10" tall (1 is fimmed and the other has been topped once)
Scrog dimensions 1x2
3 gallon smart pots
scrog net is sitting 12" above the dirt
i have the light lowered and will raise accordingly as the plants grow above the net
does my scrog setup look okay?

IMG_43331.jpg

IMG_56445.jpg

IMG_97833.jpg

IMG_56263.jpg

:thanks:

Can you open both sides of the tent? looks like it might get kind of annoying if you can't. Looks good other wise! :thumb:

Can you open both sides of the tent? looks like it might get kind of annoying if you can't. Looks good other wise! :thumb:

As you can see on the side of the tent, both left and right have
but i can barely reach, i would have to pull the tent and try to work with it. i dont know...

I guess you could probably just reach through the netting for the time being. Sometimes a small hassle is required to make the best out the space available.

I guess you could probably just reach through the netting for the time being. Sometimes a small hassle is required to make the best out the space available.

hopefully everything will go alright..
so for now, do i just wait until she starts growing above the net?
and what would happen to the bigger leaves that cannot go through the net? would i be bending/squeezing them through the holes?

hopefully everything will go alright..
so for now, do i just wait until she starts growing above the net?
and what would happen to the bigger leaves that cannot go through the net? would i be bending/squeezing them through the holes?

I would want to get it as bushy as possible before it reaches the net. Generally, I flip them into bloom when the canopy is just under the net so the buds can grow through it and still be supported by it. I would also think about raising the level of the net a couple inches if you have the space. I think it'll take a couple more inches of height to get those plants to fill out the net completely. Those bigger leaves should pretty much stay in the position they are in. They won't move up in height a whole lot so they shouldn't be in danger of trying to squeeze through the canopy by themselves. if you want to bring some of the bigger leaves up above the netting (once the plants get bigger) then you could always just pull them through. It won't damage the leaves.

Thank you very much for the descriptive and helpful response.
One of the plants are topped and the other is fimmed due to my imprecise topping that is why you can see 1 being bushier than the other.
As for raising the net, i had it the way you would want it but ( the screen a bit taller), I had cut 6" of the height just before posting this, thiinking that i needed 12" from the base of the plant. (the screen is sitting 12 Inches above the dirt right now).
Should i buy extra pvc so that i can raise the net a bit?
hmmmm :hmmmm:

Looks good to me. :thumb: If you grab some pipe cleaners, they may come in handy. I would use them to spread the plant out as it grows towards the net, and also they come in handy once in a while for positioning the branches in the screen ( pulling them sideways, fixing them to a certain spot, and sometimes pulling down a branch that has headed too far skyward.)

Looks good to me. :thumb: If you grab some pipe cleaners, they may come in handy. I would use them to spread the plant out as it grows towards the net, and also they come in handy once in a while for positioning the branches in the screen ( pulling them sideways, fixing them to a certain spot, and sometimes pulling down a branch that has headed too far skyward.)

Glad you approve waselcracker :)
i bought a pack of 4" ziptie while i was at harbor freight. Now you got me regretting :|
next time i will sure to buy some pipe cleaner (it sounds much more flexible and work-able with :thumb:

Oh definitely. I have a bunch of brightly colored ones about 12" long. They don't hurt the plants, are totally reusable, and a simple 180 degree bend is all you need to tie them to something. In future a light tug easily 'unties' it. The bright colors come in handy because you can see easily where it's tied, unlike with many gardening ties which tend to be camo green. You can also color code things though I've never had the need for it.

much appreciated for the awesome responses guys~
just another 1-2" of growth till the girls hit the screen!
ill let you know if something comes up guys :Namaste:

Hey guys im having a little bit of trouble on when to flip lights to 12/12 for my grow.
I have a tent that has a height of 5 feet
The height is about 3.5 feet to work with. (due to height of air cooled light/pot/etc)
Soil to Scrog net is 12 inches distance.
Scrog to Light (glass) can be adjusted from 0-2 feet distance
Plant on the left is 13" tall
Plant on the right is 11" tall atm.

My question is, would i keep vegging them until .. maybe 50% filling of screen then flip?
or should i be flipping now due to lack of height of my tent.

heres some pics on how they're looking atm.
IMG_45436.jpg

IMG_45446.jpg

IMG_45458.jpg

IMG_45468.jpg

IMG_45475.jpg

oh and they just started smelling :thumb:

Don't flip now in my opinion. Get at least 75% of the screen full. You'll have no trouble controlling the height with the scrog. You could even consider topping one more time. I like to have about one growing tip every 4"'or so. Any branch tips you can manage to get above screen height will grow buds the ones below won't.

Don't flip now in my opinion. Get at least 75% of the screen full. You'll have no trouble controlling the height with the scrog. You could even consider topping one more time. I like to have about one growing tip every 4"'or so. Any branch tips you can manage to get above screen height will grow buds the ones below won't.

I topped them just like you suggested :)
right now the bushy one has big fan leaves blocking lower branches, the lower branches are developing but just now as fast
should i cut the big fan leave right now or should i wait?

No don't cut fans now - well I wouldn't anyway ( maybe in a month or so) but if you can bend leaves out of the way that will help. Look at a very mild type of supercropping for the fan stems if tucking doesn't work, so you can actually bend them more permanently, but be careful and go easy because they're more brittle than branch stems.

while i was bending the plants down, i came across another problem...
IMG_45544.jpg

should i be worried about this?
as you can see on the right side of the lobe it teared half way..
what to do :(

I usually wrap a pipe cleaner around- weaving it against the main stem and opposing branch to tie the whole area snugly together. Maybe do the wrapping a inch or two down the length of the stems in question for better leverage. You may need to redo this down the road and loosen it. But this will keep it from splitting worse when you're handling the plant. I've tried tape and other things but so far pipe cleaners have been best. It's a very common problem.

I usually wrap a pipe cleaner around- weaving it against the main stem and opposing branch to tie the whole area snugly together. Maybe do the wrapping a inch or two down the length of the stems in question for better leverage. You may need to redo this down the road and loosen it. But this will keep it from splitting worse when you're handling the plant. I've tried tape and other things but so far pipe cleaners have been best. It's a very common problem.

Wow thanks for the late night reply
First thing tomorrow I'll buy some pipe cleaners.. Was going to buy it next grow but not anymore :p

Back
Top Bottom