Newbie with a lot of knowledge

Not sure what your asking. Can you be more specific?

I have a 2 x2 x4 ft. Grow box home made it has a shelf at 8 inches from top to house electrics ect. Suspended below this I have a 8 inch dia carbon filter with inline fan Sat on top and ducted to outside of box Below shelf I have a suspended system for lights with 4 x 55 w cfl @ 6000 k 3000 lum. And 2 x 24 w cfl @ 2400k 1700 lum. Below this I have a scrog screen at bottom of box I have 4 x 2 inch dia passive intake holes

The problem is that the temperature inside is 130 deg. It is so hot that the metal base of carbon filter is to hot to touch. How can I cool this set up down

It's a 8 inch dia scrubber with a 4 inch fan No intake fan though just holes at bottom. Could it be that the 4 inch fan isn't powerfully enough to pull heat through filter

It's a 8 inch dia scrubber with a 4 inch fan No intake fan though just holes at bottom. Could it be that the 4 inch fan isn't powerfully enough to pull heat through filter

That's exactly what your problem is. An 8" inch filter needs to be used with an 8" fan and preferably with 8" ducting. A 4" inch fan might be enough for your room, but the 8" filter is what's throwing off your output abilities, which is probably making it so the passive intake isn't really working properly. If the box is closed and the scrubber fan is on, can you feel air being sucked into the room through the passive intake hole?

No I can't feel air being drawn in the fan kit was from fantronixs that is what the sent me l LOL. So the 4 inch fan isn't powerfully enough to drag through the ,,8 inch filter. Are the lights ok or do I need to reduce them

I'm not familiar with cfl's for growing purposes so I'm not sure if those are what's causing your heat. Do you have any open air fans in there?

Depending on the porosity of your filter, you will loose a good percentage of your cfm's if you are pulling through a filter that's too big.

EDIT: It might actually work better if you were pushing air through the filter in this case, instead of pulling. Usually, you want to always pull air with inline fans, but the build up of pressure from pushing might actually help to get the air through the filter. I'm just spitballing with that idea. It definitely isn't good for your fan motor.

Yeah, You would have to put the filter outside the box. The more I think about it though, the more it sounds like a bad idea.

IMAG028122.jpg

IMAG028018.jpg

Yes the fan is inside top shelf with filter hanging below it the light bar has hole as photo so it can go up down ect
I was told that the filter might be too big for the fan so not drawing the hot hot hot air out

Back
Top Bottom