New & kinda lost

sourdiesalx89

hi, I'm not exactly new, but I'm quite rusty, I'm currently growing 1 plant and well....im lost with this one.

ill give you the long story short....my mate gave me a plant that was literally just started, tiny stem n 2 ickleteeny tiny leaves...she was left to grow in normal sunlight for like the first 4-5 weeks of its life but its growth camt to a stand still. so a friend gave me a light to put it under...n it started growing again. and then...she came to another stand still after 3 weeks under a light n ended up with leaves slowly turning yellow n folding on emselves so I went and bought plantfood (plantmagic oldtimers) and I bought a foliage spray (plant magic evolution)and it seemed to of brought the plant back to life, its now about 10 weeks old, 10"-12" tall n doesn't seem to be getting much higher. its on a 18 on 6 off light cycle. showing no signs of flowering or sex. a lovely green colour.....just not growing very rapidly, infact hardly at all....looks healthy, getting bushy...but wheres the height??? could it just

Re: erm, new n kinda lost :/

Good evening sourdieselx89. Without pictures we're shooting in the dark. Just off the top of my head though, I'd say your little darling was stunted vertically from the numerous stresses it's undergone in its brief lifetime. If it's stopped growing it may be time to flip it. If it's a photo flowering plant it may stretch when you get it under 12/12 lighting. It won't show sex until you flip to 12/12 or less.

Good luck with it.

I'm unsure how to post pictures on here, ive only just found my way to back to this thread ahaha can you tellme how??? :D

If you look at the top of the thread, you will see a tab called "Gallery", scroll over it and it will drop down and you can choose "upload pictures". Go through the process to upload. Once uploaded, you can add them to your post with the tab in the lower left of the area you type in... "my photos"

Are you using a mobile device or a PC?

Here's a link to 420 Girl's thread on posting and resizing photos. It's really a straight forward process. Check out the link and if you have any problem leave a post here and I'll watch for you.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

IMG_20150818_214411.jpg
IMG_20150818_214405.jpg

yeh the plant seems to be loving life, lovely colour, leafs look sound, getting bushy but not really getting much more height to it, its showing no sign of sex either :/ I'm not giving up on it though...I want it to fulfil its legacy lol

I dunno, maybe it's because feed n lights where absent for the beggining of veg period....I'll just have to see where patiance gets me :D

I'm going to go with root bound here too. The plant dwarfs the pot. Transplant into something at least twice the size you're in now. Be gentle and it'll bounce back. The plant will be so happy to have more root space it'll kiss you. :laughtwo:

Good work on the photos. It looks healthy and ready to take off. These are some of the most resilient plants on Earth. Give it more root space, good water, lots of light and whatever you're doing for feeding (not my area - I grow in living organic soil so no nutrients) and expect it to thrive.

Don't underestimate the power of your expectations. Tell that plant every day how thrilled you are with its vibrant growth. They hear you. You can believe that or not, but hopefully I planted a seed there that has you compelled to try. :battingeyelashes:

Yeah I'm goin to invest in a larger pot tomorrow, and as for talking to my plant....it's my baby, I'm always getting weird looks off the Mrs for talking to it lol :)

Back
Top Bottom