A question about tents

goof1987

OK so I asked about led lights and was pointed in a great direction from this forum so now on to tents. I was just going to go with a diy top fed dwc in the closet but now I find myself wanting a tent or closet so that I don't waste any light (mars 2 1600 would be a shame to waste ) so was wondering if anyone had any advice on a ready tent or cabinet. I understand diy would be cheaper but am more interested in a ready to go setup

I have a 4x4 Gorilla grow tent and couldn't be happier. I also have a 8X8 Gorilla tent so that should tell ya how happy I was,lol.

If you don't mind spending the money Gorilla seems to have a great reputation. If you want to spend less the Secret Jardin clan seem to be content. I have seen the Apollo in person, it leaks light around the sewn seams but nothing a little duct tape wouldnt fix. For the price (about $120 for a 4x4) I think it's fine.

I agree the Gorillas are a bit pricey, I think I paid 380us for my 4'x4' but to me it seems worth it. Very tough material and no light escape that i can see, that being said i have seen others that look great too, like the SJ. Also before i forget Gorilla does make a lite line that is significantly cheaper than the originals.

Thank you all I will check them out I almost made the mistake of buying a cabinet that I can't name on here but I looked them up on here and they are hated. This forum seems to be the best a couple others I looked at I won't even post in they seem to discredit anything that's not super cheap diy.

Mickfoster I was looking at them to. I want a 4×4 and since you have one is their tents strong enough to hang a 1600 in? I was thinking of doing 2 tents and 2 lights so I can start clones in 1 about the time I start flower in 1 so I can have a continual cycle

There are many good tents out there Mars included. The main thing IMO is to make sure the corners are all welded metal and not plastic. Anything that has the plastic corners will likely fail at some point, just my .02cents of course.

If money is not an issue then go for the Gorilla. But if you don't wanna spend 400$ the Mars 4x4 costs a little more than a 100$ and is still good quality, the frame (poles and corners) are all metal. I have the Mars 4x4 and it works for me. Not sure how much the 1600 weighs but it should hold, mine holds my 144x5 and my inline fan fine. I think they have the max weight of the tent listed on their website.

Mickfoster I was looking at them to. I want a 4×4 and since you have one is their tents strong enough to hang a 1600 in? I was thinking of doing 2 tents and 2 lights so I can start clones in 1 about the time I start flower in 1 so I can have a continual cycle

I don't know how much a 1600 weighs. All of the corners are welded steel - very well made.

Thanks everyone I'm going with the mars because I can get a package deal on the 2 together I'm starting to get excited about growing again its been over 6 years I feel like a rookie again lol

Goof I feel yaI just started after a 15yr delay I feel like a total noob again. I started a journal as well, great way to track progress. Wish you best of luck, any idea yet what strains your looking at?

Coralmafia the first couple grows I'm gonna use some seeds a buddy got me for free he said it was called rodeo but idk if that's just the local name or a real one it was really good stuff so I'll get good product but if my rusty fingers kill it I'm not out any money lol after that is some Amsterdam white widow though

Back
Top Bottom