Using Spare Bedroom For Indoor Grow - Need Help & Tips

OGxToka

Okay Guys Im About To Do Another Run/Grow.Im Gonna Do This Indoors(Starting 10 Seeds).So Im Gonna Convert A Spear Bedroom Into A Grow Room But Need Some Tips!My Bedroom Is A 10x10x8 With 1 4x3 Window.Im Gonna Be Getting Mylar To Wrap The Walls And Maybe The Ceiling Or Leave The White Ceiling,IDK Yet.Im Gonna Rip Out The Carpet Or Maybe Put Protective Sheeting Over Carpet.The Day Before I Start Putting My Plants In Etc....Im Gonna Clean The Entire Room With Insecticides Sprays Etc..Anyways Since Im Starting From Seeds Im Gonna Place Them In My Old Grow Box Under CFL's Till They Outgrow The Small Pots Or Reach 3-4 Nodes To Transplant Them In Fox Farm Ocean Forest.Then Im Either Gonna Use ALOT Of CFL's For Veg Then For Flower HPS.Not Sure Yet.Also I Run The AC In The House And The Room Stays At 68-75*F With RH 40-50%. But Below Are My Main Questions:

1.Where Can I Run A Exhaust Fan To Remove The Hot Air?
-NOTE:I Might End Up Getting An AC Unit And A Carbon Filter And Sealing The Room While Using Fans And Etc To Basically Make My Own Atmosphere.

Im Trying To Keep This Grow Cheap And Slowly Progress To Better Stuff But Any Tips With Cheap Grows Would Be Awesome!

re: Using Spear Bedroom For Indoor Grow - Need Help & Tips

My best suggestion for exhaust is to pick a corner on your ceiling that is closest to the center of the house, and cut out a hole big enough for your ducting. SAVE THE PIECE YOU CUT OUT! If you're able to keep the Sheetrock intact that you remove, you can replace it easily later.

We did this in my spare bedroom closet.

Basically you'll just run the ducting from your exhaust fan through the hole to exhaust into the attic.

i want to avoid cutting into the ceiling....but if i have to..since its a 10x10x8 room should i cut out 2-4 holes centered at the ceiling?and can i add a somewhat filter above the fan so bugs and dust dont come in from the attic?

I dont know how stealth or inconspicious you have to be but I vented out my window. Cut a piece of plywood that covered the inside of window then cut a 6" hole for my exhaust line and tacked and sealed the plywood(inside) in place. If painted black when seen from outside it just looks like a window is open. I dont have to worry about smell but i would think you could mount a carbon filter to it. Good luck

In this case I would also run exhaust out the window. But be sure to filter it first. Easy peasy.

I am using my spare bedroom right now as a grow room and I just opened the widow about six inches and covered all of the 6 inch open area with a piece of wood except about six inches and I left the blinds down and closed plus sprayed neem oil all over and around it. I then covered the window with a large heavy duty box and duct taped it then used a staple gun all around it for extra hold. I cut a hole in the cardboard where my exhaust ducting will be when I turn on my air cooled 600wHPS for flowering. until then I just covered the hole in the box with the piece I cut out and taped it there till needed for easy access. From outside it just looks like a window with the blinds down. inside it light proof. I also cut some strips of dark green felt and attached it to my bedroom door to keep the light from being seen from outside the room. Good luck with your grow, Lick

Forgot to mention that I used a nylon to cover my ducting in the window to make sure to not bring in any bugs. Not sure if it lowers the cfm rating of my inline fan or not.

Get a 6" dryer vent and slap it on your plywood that you stick in the window. Easy peasy.

I also have the same kind of setup. Since just about everyone here has some kind of indoor grow, I didn't get too concerned about odor going out the window. But I do use a DIY odor bucket and a double-fan for the window. I have left the screen in place to keep creepy crawlers out and the cat in. I don't use any ducting because my cfl's don't put out enough heat to warrant the extra equipment.

Most of the time you hardly notice an odor. But during later flower and first 2 or 3 days of drying, it can get pretty stinky. So, if you can afford some kind of DIY filter, use it. Just a tidbit form my experience.

Back
Top Bottom