Soil grow 10 Critical Kush - A few beginner questions

Ollan

Hey guys, glad to be here. Most of my research over the last couple of months has been from this forum and im really exited to get down to business.

I just want to clarify some quick questions before i get started, and then ill probably have more for you later.

First of all:

- Can i use my full spectrum 310w LED light (Apollo 10) on my seedlings? Im planning around 12-15" from the plant. Im just afraid the light will be to strong for a baby seedling first weeks?

- Im using an exaust fan connected with a carbon filter. Should i leave it off the first stages of the seedling/veg to not "waste" the carbon filter? Since it doesnt put out alot of smell anyway.

- My plastic cups that im planning on putting my germinated seeds in are "see trough" cups, i couldnt find any colored. Should i tape them or doesn't it matter?

- LED's and nutrients, around 30% less than i would usually do, right?

That's about all i can think of right now. I'll throw in some more later hopefully. Appriciate it guys

Im running a 120x120x200 HomeBox tent and 1 Apollo 10 310w LED light. 10 seeds are currently in germination and they are Barney's Farms Critical Kush.

Howdy OLLAN, Great questions. A couple of them I'm curious about also. I'm a first time grower and also just started my grow. I have 5 Barrneys Critical Kush seeds and so far only 3 germinated and have been planted. mine are in 2ltr bottle bubblers. Are you going to start a journal? Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions because I've only been reading journals and the mag here for about 7 months or so but just joined in June and have no real hands on experience to justify giving you answers. Good Luck with your grow. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the knowledgeable growers answers and advice. Keep the bowl green side up, Lick

Lick: Thanks for stopping by. Im not gonna do a journal due to lack of time. I've had 5 germinations, 2 cracks and 3 where nothing happend yet. Good luck with your grow.

JuanCarlos: That's what i thought. Thanks man

hi ollan,

First of all, ı never used led so connot answer your first question. but i think u can run ur led on ur babies if you keep your led quite away from ur seedlings. ı use my 400w hps on the seedlings . for the second question, yes you don't need to run your exaust fan if ur temps are okay without running it. I would cover that plastic cups because light might damage ur plants if roots see the light. and make sure you have a drainage holes at the bottom.

Heanter's First Grow - Barney's Critical Kush - Strawberry Blue - HPS -Soil

This is my grow journal. Might be helpful.

hi ollan,

First of all, ı never used led so connot answer your first question. but i think u can run ur led on ur babies if you keep your led quite away from ur seedlings. ı use my 400w hps on the seedlings . for the second question, yes you don't need to run your exaust fan if ur temps are okay without running it. I would cover that plastic cups because light might damage ur plants if roots see the light. and make sure you have a drainage holes at the bottom.

Heanter's First Grow - Barney's Critical Kush - Strawberry Blue - HPS -Soil

This is my grow journal. Might be helpful.

Hey heanter, thanks for your comment. I browsed trough your journal of the CK and it looked great. Thanks for the advice i will keep all of it in mind :)

Back
Top Bottom