Hello - please help me with my first grow!

Ruptr

I'm going to grow 10 girls(5xAk48;5xAurora Indica from Nirvana Seeds) in a grow tent. The sizes: 4ftx4ftx6,5ft (I live in Europe, here are the sizes in metre: 1,2mx1,2mx2m) w/l/h. They give the tent in a set, with a 600w hps. So, the main questions:
1.:How big pots should i use? I've planned 5 litres pots (1,3 gall.), but it would be ok only in SOG, but 10 plants are not enough for this, so 9 litres(2,3 gall.) pots would be ok?
2.:For the veg and germination is a 600w MH right?
[The soil is Plagron All Mix]

I'm gonna have more questions later, but now that's all.
Thank you guys! :thanks:

Well i'm a beginner also , but i'v been reading alot , and the best pots r 3 gallons or 5 , i think 3 would be the perfect for ur grow space , 11 liters.
As for the lights i think it's too much for the germination and seedlings, u don't need that much of a light during that stage , it'd be a waste of energy and cost , in germination and seedlings stage i used 125 cfl and it worked great , it also depends on the light color range , in seedlings and veg u need 6500k cold light , ur hps is too strong and i think it's 2700k , works perfect for the flower stage
still i'm not sure about the hps light since i'v been using only cfls
i also live in Europe , cheers

I would go with 3 gallon pots. They seem to work out great with small-medium sized plants. Anything smaller can get a little weird and it can also be a hassle. 3 gallon pots gives you a decent veg time (1-4weeks is best in my experience), keeps the pot size manageable (easily waterable and movable), and you can pull some good weight off of each plant- which is harder to do in smaller pots.

I'm of the opinion that the bigger the pot, the better the yield, but that depends on some other things too like veg time and environmental conditions. But if you want to keep the veg time short and don't mind having a high plant count, then I'd say 3gall at minimum.

I've seen some posts about people growing in solo cups or similarly sized pots and some of them were looking pretty good, but it would be a huge pain to have to water an entire light footprint worth of solo cups or even 1-2liter pots for that matter.

Yes I agree. - I grew for years in 3 gallon pots - generally 9 per 600w hps. Flip them to flowering when they are 12-18" tall
Germination under a 600- no that's awfully bright. Later on for seedlings would be ok if you start them 36" away or so and ease them in. Use cfls or regular flourescent lights. I've seen pro growers that make their living selling to dispensaries- only veg under T5 flourescent. I usually start under Cfl then put them under the MH dimmed to 300 watts. If the MH happens to be cranked up to 600 watts at the time because of other plants' needs, I just make sure they're down low, and partially shaded by the foliage of the bigger plants.

Back
Top Bottom