New to Growing

phajejyaj

Hello, I'm new to growing and I was wondering a few questions regarding lighting. I have a grow tent that requires an e40 LED light or an e27 CFL light bulb. The wattage offered seemed kind of low (the highest is 140w). I want to grow 2-4 plants in a small grow tent. I found this
51R4O2QteeL.jpg
on amazon. I'm confused about it as it states that the E40 100w LED light is a replacement for 400w HPS. Then wouldn't that mean the e40 100w LED light is = to 400w HPS? I was confused because I researched online and some people said 100w LED light = 100w HPS. I was wondering if I bought this e40 LED light would it be equivalent to the 400w HPS or not. That way I'll know what to do.

The grow tent came with a light system with the e40 socket/e27 socket for the light bulb, so it seems like that's the type of light bulb I have to use. Any help would be awesome!

I don't think you want to mess with that light. For that price you should be able to get a whole new Mars Hydro LED or an HID light. Do you not have room to run a different type of light? Being limited by that socket will make it tough. I would just grow with CFL and add some additional lights if that's the options you have.

I would totally agree with Juan Carlos, this light is a bit pricey for the wattage draw you get.
And NO, 100w LED is never a replacement for 400w HPS. 100w LED is same as 100w HPS. You can only save on cooling the room, since HPS is heating alot and LEDs are a way cooler. If you get good LEDs, you can save on like, giving the plants the exact spectrum they need, so if you're pro you can grow maybe like 15% more with LED than with HPS, but never 400% more!

Check: Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants they're the best on market for my opinion
their 420 thread: Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Back
Top Bottom